Omg! Of course it's a male...! Breed?

bird sitter

Songster
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
The great state of Texas!
Well, I had five guinea.... All died exept two! One ran away and the other I still have and it's a male! Grrrr! I believe it's a grey pearl....? I will post pics in the morning. Anyone in Texas have a female guinea? Lol :lol:

He's younger in that pic, but now has a pretty big "horn".I will take a pic of him in the morning and post it and their purpose is they eat mice, snakes, fleas, tick, grasshoppers, etc. And also for their eggs! Their eggs are even more nutritious than chicken! Well, from what I've heard they sure are!

Yes, your Guinea is a Pearl Grey.

The correct term for the "horn" on the head is casque. The casque serves no actual useful purpose (except maybe a possible escape route for extra heat? LOL), basically like a chicken's or rooster's comb, just a physical feature.

I would definitely get him a Hen or 2 if you can.

I know absolutely nothing about guineafowl aside from the fact that I don't know what their purpose is really. lol It's a neat looking little guy. I have a question though. I thought guineafowl had funny looking nubs on their heads and I don't see one on him...just curious as to why? :)

I love the spots!!

Back
Top Bottom