Omg!! Such Stupid People One Meets!!

Sometimes I think it would be good if everyone who wanted chicks had to fill out a very lengthy application form. When we adopt a child don't we do so much more? I also think chicks should sell much higher then $1.99 a piece..... Maybe it would help filter out a few of the "stupid people".

Quote:
the part I bolded - applies to a lot of situations...and parents wonder what is wrong with their kids & why society - well at least a lot of the younger generations -have gone to crap.
roll.png

Don't get my 21 yo DD started on that subject! She believes in spanking and discipline & doesn't even have kids!

stupid is as stupid does, you tried. I have one a step more, a woman who is going so far as to try change the ordinance in the city just to have her kids have chicks, they are spoiled, home schooled (I know most home schooled are fine, this one is not) demanding, awful kids, who want what they want right now and mom will go to all length to get it while stepping on anything and anyone to do it, she is not taking in account anyone else and causing trouble at the city council level so no one else will be able to fix the damage she is causing with a ordinance that is to strict and unable to work,

this why there is so many cats n dogs are at the pound . they get bought around holidays. and then drop off at the end of the road in your nieghborhood in any state but it is very true about central fl area. now it is farms animals. any store the sell animals should be liable to these little creatures . the store should put up sign how to take care of them.

chicks,ducks
they need time by themselves not to handle more than 2 minutes every hour around the clock 24 is aday
they would need a heat lamp in a concer of the pen so they can get warm
the water needs to be change every 30 minutes until they are 5yrs old.
the bedding is pine shaving have to change it out 4 times a day due all the pooped they do.

and the biggest rule
is to keep the chicken in your house and you will have alot of dust around too.

ducks
they will need all above items too
but they will need a big swiming pool to swim in 10'x 20' and need to change the water in it too at least once aday

if you can provide all of this u can buy the chicks

wink.png
duc.gif
hide.gif

true farm n chicken pple will under stand the sign n smile

Last edited:
Congratulations on your efforts to educate this woman, and I'm glad your manager understood.
smile.png
I actually do think a store can refuse to sell an animal to a person who doesn't seem capable to take care of it properly. I used to work for a pet store years ago, that specialized in fish. I would ask all sorts of questions, about what sorts of set ups people had, what species they planned to mix, etc. We were told by management that if it looked like someone were going to be sending a fish to its doom, that we could refuse to sell. Neon tetras in with an Oscar? Nope! I don't care if it will look pretty for 3 minutes. Not going to happen!
smack.gif

It all depends on the polices set by the store.

Last edited:
Yep.

This is why at TSC this spring, for 8 weeks I run a free clinic on some aspect of chicken care for an hour, and a second hour of chick care for new owners. I can't stand to not help. It's not fair to the chicks!

I was happy to go into my TSC this year and see that they had wire screening on top of all of the bins to limit handling along with a sign the employees must help box chicks and children were not to handle them. Last year the chick transport boxes were sitting out and people picked there own without help and no employees close by.

I spoke with the employee (maybe in her 40's) that was there and she said that she was raised on an large production egg farm and was unhappy last year how the chick sales were set up in open bins and with people handling them. She volunteered to make sure that didn't happen this year. They are also getting smaller orders more often to make sure they have a better turn over with less loss. It was nice to see someone there that understood that these are living farm animals not Easter toys!

Nice to see a Tractor Supply that cares, wish our would do that.

thumbsup.gif
I am glad you did what you could to try and save those poor chicks. I find it amazing how stupid people can be when it comes to almost any animal. That is why me and my mom and many people have to foster dogs/puppies and cats/kittens that are dropped off like trash
somad.gif
We fostered a 4 week old puppy that was left outside it's whole 4 weeks of life ( in early feb, still snowing outside) He was giving her dry food! He came into animal control and said he was going to kill her and was amazed that she lived this long outside, right in animal controls lobby
smack.gif
of course they didn't do anything
rant.gif
She was temp. blind and could not walk because of malnutrition. We are now taking on a 11 month old female puppy tomorrow. She was dropped off at animal control because she was in heat. We rescued and fostered a kitten that was temp. deaf because of mites. I could go on, I have seen so many poor chickens around here right now we have a silkie that has the worst feet I have ever seen. Her nose had caked on clay so she could not breath out of it. I do wish we could save them all but we just cant.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I work with someone like that and her nearly adult children are still horrid to living things, including people.

When I did dog rescue I once had a woman return a dog because she got new furniture and the dog didn't match! I was so stunned by her callousness I took the dog back without arguement. Later that week her husband called when he got back from a business trip begging to get "his" dog back. I was reluctant until he assured me he and the dog would both no longer be anywhere near the soon to be ex wifes new furniture.

Back
Top Bottom