OMG! Why?

Don't let other opinions get to you. I would have loved to have mine in the house rather than the unheated garage but I know better than to trust my sons cat. The cat managed to get into a locked gerbil cage and did away with 2 of them. You just do the best you can for your chicks. I hope you are able to figure out something that will work for you.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thankyou:) I'm trying not let other opinions get to me. I am trying do the best for my chicks. I am lucky my husband lets the chicks stay inside and has been pretty understanding of my feelings.

I will do what I think is best for my chicks. But like I said I do appreciate all of the comments and help. I will see what I can do about getting a red light bulb.

Quote:
They look like they are nice. I looked them up after someone else said something about them. But I really can not afford to buy one or two at this time. I will just try and get a red bulb.
big_smile.png

Quote:
They look like they are nice. I looked them up after someone else said something about them. But I really can not afford to buy one or two at this time. I will just try and get a red bulb.
big_smile.png

I totally understand! They are expensive compared to a red bulb.
If you ever want to get one, I've found the best prices on Amazon... sometimes you can get free shipping too!

Best wishes!

If they are peeping loudly they are cold. I have my chicks downstairs and I do not hear them unless one jumps on another. Peeping loudly means they are in distress. Anyways, just a thought. Good luck with the chicks.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey now, I let my two 6 week olds wander the house. I have easy to clean floors
wee.gif

Before you plunk down money to buy something, just try them in the kids' bathroom with fans going in the kids rooms. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck!

Quote:
gig.gif
Being little buggers r they?? Mine r in the basement in the brooder. Can't really hear them unless they start raising a ruckus! I have watched mine a lot and the red bulb seems to b the key. The basement is underground so no natural light for them unless I can open the garage door. I have a regular light bulb and the red heat bulb over them. I turn the regular bulb on in the morning and off at night and the red bulb stays on 24/7. When I turn the reg bulb off at night they jump around for a little bit and then normally settle down and go to sleep! I wouldn't move them to the coop. Just retrain them about day and night! Good luck!!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
U need to use a RED light...I don't see how you can a heat lamp one over them with that setup. I think they are getting too chilly and that is why they are peeping. Mine hardly ever peeped... just ate. drank and slept soundly. They need to be kept around 90+ degrees if they are day-week olds. Am pretty sure that is the problem.

Quote:
I do not think they are cold. Because if they were I think they would be doing the peeping day and night. This not the case. They are just doing all the peeping at night and it was none stop last night.
I just think they are sleeping to much during the day and getting there day and nights mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom