OMGOMGOMGOMG>>>>>> UPDATE!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so so so sorry that happened to you ..such a shame............ people just dont get it!! -
A person has the right to shoot dogs that roam and enter our yards and attack our pets !!
If a dog attacks chickens , then it would probally attack a smaller dog or a cat, as well....
Besides, the point is not that they were ''only chickens'' the point is: they are and were your pets and did NOT deserve to be killed!
OH NOW I am mad as you are!!
Again...so so sorry for your loss and what your family had to go thru.
hugs.gif

We have a rouge dog that has been sniffing round my yard and I know he is just looking and waiting for a chance to get to my birds, when my Scoobie dog is not around or in the house to run it off. It is only a matter of time ....so my .22 is loaded and sittin by the back door ready for him.

I can understand the person being upset over the dog I would have been too if roles were reversed but not the hostility as i would have known my dog was in the wrong!! Thanks everyone! Needed to hear we wernt wrong about the dog and shooting! All I can think about is what if the dog would have hurt my daughter!! We are usually with her when she locks them up but this happend an hour before time to do that, she just heard a chicken comotion and took off running to save them!!!

Last edited:
oh man...my heart breaks for you and your family...it is their responsibility to manage their dog properly, as in keep the darn thing home and out of your chicken run...you have a right to protect what is yours...and you deserve compensation...they don't.

I'm a dog lover but you did what you had to do. Stupid owners should have kept their dog under control then none of this would have happened.

IMO,
You did the right thing. Your flock is vulnerable to ANY predator. Good that you made a report to the authorities. Take pictures!!!
I shoot ANY predator that takes even a remote interest in our flocks!!! I do not relocate, give a second chance, etc. Anything outside our property is given the high powered pellet gun, anything inside the property line gets the double 00.

Sorry for your troubles... Hope that your dtr can go on from here.

I am glad that your sweet daughter was unharmed (physically) in this. I am upset to think that this marauding dog could have hurt your child.

Please read all of the this before responding.

My first thought was about your daughter's safety. I know she was protecting her "babies" but that could have been a really, really bad situation if that dog would have turned and attacked her. Especially if she had been the only one at home, or if nobody had heard the noise

Secondly, I thought about the amount of protection that the chickens had from predators. Now, don't get me wrong - the dog came onto your property. But, I can see how a lawyer would point right back at you and accuse you of not properly protecting your birds.

Good luck to you. I know you are hurting right now.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry this happened to you and your DD!
hugs.gif
When I read about her hitting the dog with the shovel, I was really scared. She is lucky it didn't attack her. Thank goodness your DH was ready with the gun!
clap.gif
Is there damage to your coop where it got in? You need to take pics and document everything. It is a shame those people are acting like it is your fault this happened.
smack.gif
What jerks they all are! Definitely get the law involved and file a report and ask for damages.

Please keep us posted and tell your DD how sorry we all are!
hugs.gif

Shelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom