Omlet fencing

thecreekhouse

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
East Tennessee
2B522FD6-20BB-45F2-833B-532DAA003D73.jpeg
CCE4BAA8-40B0-4691-A35D-8EC3D923F64F.jpeg
My husband put up this moveable Omlet brand chicken fence around my coop so the girls can get some outside-the-coop time (but only if we’re out there with them). It’s a nice little set up but I do have to say that assembly and putting it up took considerably more time and effort than the Omlet site suggests, and that’s even after I purchased the extra poles and tent stakes. But the hens just love it.

Attachments

• BD3A0DEF-C56B-4E36-8800-591FE4664BCD.jpeg
    BD3A0DEF-C56B-4E36-8800-591FE4664BCD.jpeg
    986.7 KB · Views: 5
I wonder if predators will try to destroy your fence...... Trying to get near the coop. I know your coop is secure since it had Hardware cloth.:thumbsup
The fencing is good to keep your hens from wandering away.
How much did the fencing $et you back???
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I have the same fence and have had something chew through at areas. Quite possibly one of our cats. :barnie
Omlet does sell kits for fixing, which is basically string that you knot into the holes. I am quite happy with the fence. I found it easy to set up and move and was glad to have it on several occasions, but I don't know if other (cheaper) fences might not be just as effective.

Initially, I wanted to cordon off an enclosed area to keep the chickens "in". Now, it is more for keeping them "out" of specific areas.:lau :idunno

I have the same fence and have had something chew through at areas. Quite possibly one of our cats. :barnie
Omlet does sell kits for fixing, which is basically string that you knot into the holes. I am quite happy with the fence. I found it easy to set up and move and was glad to have it on several occasions, but I don't know if other (cheaper) fences might not be just as effective.

Initially, I wanted to cordon off an enclosed area to keep the chickens "in". Now, it is more for keeping them "out" of specific areas.:lau :idunno

Several people on the Omlet forum have mentioned rabbits and squirrels inexplicably chewing little holes in the bottom. I hope that doesn’t happen to me.

I wonder if predators will try to destroy your fence...... Trying to get near the coop. I know your coop is secure since it had Hardware cloth.:thumbsup
The fencing is good to keep your hens from wandering away.
How much did the fencing $et you back???
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

It was pretty expensive - around $180 with the extra poles I ordered (many people on the Omlet forum say that the kit doesn’t come with enough poles so I ordered more). The extension to my coop and run + the fencing were my Christmas gift :)

Back
Top Bottom