Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
I am writing this story to kind of explain the story line in my RP: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-horse-herds-rp-needs-players-rping-can-begin

I would love your feed back.
Thanks for reading! Check back soon for updates!

~Prologue~

A New Beginning

A large Gypsy Vanner stallion stepped quietly into a thicket made of brambles and shrubs. He lowered his head, and blew his hot breath on a new colt, thrashing in the short grass, struggling to stand. "He's lovely Shasta." The stallion whispered, to overcome by emotions to speak louder. "He looks like his father." Shasta nickered back, her voice weak, but also filled with pride. The stallion looked into his son's blue eyes. "He's got your eyes." He smiled warmly. The mare, Shasta, laid her head back on the ground. It had been a hard birth, and had taken it's toll on her body. "Are you alright?" The stallion asked, concern clouding his voice. "Yes Bullet, I'm fine." Shasta nickered softly. "What should we name him?" Bullet asked, nuzzling his new son. "I like the name Flame. What do you like?" Shasta asked. "I like the name Vanner." Bullet replied. "Oh Bullet, I like that too." Shasta said happily. Bullet watched his son stagger to his feet, then give a small buck. "Welcome to MeadowHerd Vanner, my son." Bullet whispered.

Thanks so much everyone! I'll try to have the first chapter up tonight.
smile.png

~Chapter 1~

Vanner

1812539882_15b43f031e.jpg

Vanner grew steadily. His long spindly legs became strong, and able to carry him well. He sprinted around with the other foals in fun games of tag. “Come on Vanner! It’s your turn to be it!” A gray/gold colt complained. Vanner stuck his muzzle in the air. “Nu uh, I’m always it Flame!” A small black and white filly shoved his rump with her pink nose. “Vanner come’on, please?!” She whinnied. Vanner turned, and his brown eyes softened. “Agh, okay. But someone else has to be it after me, O.K?” He looked sternly at the other foals surrounding him. They looked at each other, and then nodded. “Fine. I’ll be it after you.” Flame said. “Okaay! Ready or not, Vanner, count!” The filly squealed, and bolted away. The rest of the foals scattered, and Vanner hung his head, closing his eyes to count.
…………
Shasta gazed at her foal with loving eyes. A palomino mare nickered; “They are just so darling.” “I know.” Shasta replied, turning her gaze to a large hill, where the silhouette of a Gypsy Vanner stallion stood. His mane billowed in the breeze, as his eyes swept the territory, looking for signs of danger. Shasta smiled; her herd was happy, and well fed. They had suffered in the winter months, and some of the mares almost lost their foals. They had recovered though, and were now a thriving herd. A young mare, only about 2 years old, walked towards them. “Oh Shasta, I wish my foal would hurry up and come. I can’t wait to see it frolicking around like the others.” Shasta chuckled. “Oh it will. But don’t hurry it along. They grow up faster than you think.” She winked.
Vanner lifted his head, and scanned the field with his brown eyes. "Ready or not! Here I come!" He squealed, and trotted towards a clump of quivering bushes. He looked over; "Found ya!" He whinnied to a coal black filly. "Oh yeah? Well, you gotta catch me first!" She snorted, and sprinted off. Vanner scrambled to get his long legs underneath him, but was soon on her heels. Flame burst from a grove of trees, and slammed into Vanner. "Hurry up slowpoke!" He sneered, and put on a burst of speed; leaving Vanner coughing from the dust. He set his jaw in determination, and sprinted after them.
Bullet watched the foals playing, but his eyes were locked on his son. He grimaced at the colt's leggy manner. He had high hopes for his son. He wanted him to become the next lead stallion of MeadowHerd. Oh son, He thought. Why must you
disappoint me?

Last edited:
Bullet:
241_4170.jpg

Shasta:
blueboy-8556-5.jpg

Palomino mare (Rose):
8537H.jpg

Young pregnant mare (Daisy):
1384-26.jpg

Flame:

Coal black filly (Twilight):