On Lockdown! - My Ancona hatch *Pics on p. 3, 5, 6*

harriedhomemaker

Songster
8 Years
Jul 26, 2011
I have 13 Ancona eggs on lockdown in the incubator and I'm so excited! I keep checking for pips; I can tell I'm not going to get a lot done over the next couple of days. I've seen lots of wobbly eggs which is really cool.
pop.gif

Watching and waiting....

Last edited:
OH is it already!! So excited! Camera charged??
Yep, I'm all set! The past 26 days flew by, but now that it's lockdown, time is creeping by so slowly! I'm checking the incubator every half hour to see if I see any pips. That's probably overdoing it a little, LOL.

Believe it or not, I had a dream last night that instead of Anconas you actually sent me Blue Swede, wood duck, and Mandarin eggs. It was kind of a nightmare actually. I was glad to wake up from that one! I've had my heart set on Anconas for a long time.
smile.png

What I've been busy with while eggs have been in the incubator:

Building a duck house

And last night we fenced around it and connected it to our existing chicken moat.

Chicken coop on left, new duck house on right. They are connected by a run that goes around our vegetable garden.

I have four turkey poults in the duck house for the moment but they will be evicted soon.

I'm all ready for ducks - all I need is for them to hatch!!

i remember the day my babies hatched. i didnt leave there side for a minitue. it was amazing. now there all big but still the loving little mummy boys they were then

Donald and daffy on the train :D

Update: They've been on lockdown for about 15 hours now. I've seen most of the eggs rock. Egg #8 (I pencilled numbers on them to help me keep track of them.) is the most active and possibly has the beginning of a pip.

The eggs have been in lockdown for 31 hours, so we're well into day 27. No changes. I think it was just wishful thinking when I thought I saw a pip yesterday. I'm starting to worry that none of my eggs are going to hatch. I never thought I would get so paranoid!

You have to wait for the pip but in my case they were a little late and struggeled a bit so i removed the shell for them. tiny piece by tiny piece and evetunally they hatched. and btw usually is day 28 they pip. one week more than chicken who are 21. because my chickens hatched on the 20th of july and my ducks the 27th of july so give it another day

Back
Top Bottom