On Lockdown! - My Ancona hatch *Pics on p. 3, 5, 6*

What's your humidity? No Sweedies or woodies, I promise. Ducklings take their sweet time. get out of the house! Your setup looks fantastic, my goodness look at all that lovely open land. What sort of turkeys are you raising?

What's your humidity? No Sweedies or woodies, I promise. Ducklings take their sweet time. get out of the house! Your setup looks fantastic, my goodness look at all that lovely open land. What sort of turkeys are you raising?
Humidity is at 78%. I know I need to find myself something to do. I have lots of outdoor garden chores to do but it is so blooming hot.
Thanks! We love it here. We have Bourbon Red and Blue Slate turkeys.

It's a good thing I know that it is essential not to open the incubator during lockdown, or I'd be candling up a storm. I'm dying to know what's going on in there!

I think I'm hearing some pecking every so often. I don't hear any peeping, but a couple of times I have heard a gentle knocking sound. Unless my kids are messing with me...

Is it possible that I am hearing them peck from inside the egg?

Last edited:
A third egg has a pip. The other two eggs haven't changed much since I noticed the pips at 3:30 AM (Yes, I got up then to check!), but that's OK, right? It can take a lot of time?

Last edited:
Yeah it's a lot of exertion for them, they rest :) sit on your hands for another few hours!
Thank you! I need to hear this over and over. How long would you wait until you intervene? The three eggs that have pipped literally just have that inital pyramid-shaped bump + a little cracking.

Back
Top Bottom