On the edge need to vent...

Hennysmom i'd sell yours while you can still get something for it. Mine is a pieced together pile of crap. The vin number is non existant in the insurance companies system so they had to fudge the number to cover me. The steering wheel says chrysler and the outside of the car says plain old dodge no se or anything. I am thinking this thing was in a bad wreck and they took parts from a chrysler to put it back together again. It's a 2.7 litre engine which are notorious for blowing while the 3.5? are better. The alternator has been replaced along with the battery, we are replacing the starter/soilenoid in hopes it works so i can get rid of this thing and buy another beater. I travel ALOT for work so i need something reliable yet fuel efficient so a truck wouldn't work for me. We live in a rural area so the nearest walmart is 15-20 miles away along with the grocery store. It has been a huge pain in the butt for the past 3 years and im to the point where i don't want to fix it anymore. Hopefully i can sell it for around 3 grand considering the last engine i had put in it only had 32,000 miles on it along with everything else we have replaced i feel its worth more then that but the ones around here are going for 1,000 and up. I haven't experienced any problems with the tranny yet but im sure its the next major thing to go. I hate to pass the lemon on to anyone else but i cant afford to have another redneck lawn ornament (we already have a broke down 86 chevy truck thats been sitting out there rusting for years). Sigh, i'm looking thru the used car ads as im sitting here lol

Geez...sounds like you've been through it! Mine is nowhere near that bad - maybe I got a good one? LOL (of course, that is all relatively speaking). Mine is just a plain ol' Intrepid - nothing on it, no ES, or LE, or SE - just says "Intrepid" on the side. Of course, this awful tapping noise in the engine is driving me nuts now - we think its the oil pump (pray is more like it) and will know in the next few weeks if it is or not. Mechanics here think it is....its burning oil slowly...but - thats not a good sign either. We planned on giving it to our daughter as its been a pretty good car actually (given the cirumstances most people have had with them) - but until we figure out what that tapping noise is... its all on hold.

Luckily we just purchased my fathers 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid from my mom for 5K - he passed away 2 months ago today and it was the one thing I wanted that was his, so we have another car - on top of our F250. But our daughter will not drive our F250 (not allowed
smile.png
) and I dont really like her driving my dads car - not yet anyway... if she wrecked it, I'd be devastated as its the only thing I have of his really - and it gets 47 MPG!
wink.png
We cannot/could not afford another car - nor one like his (on top of that, a hybrid!) for only $5K!

How exactly does one put together a vin number? LOL

Oh I hear ya - we're out in the middle of nowhere too - (well..given I used to live in the city - I consider this nowhere)
big_smile.png
Nearest grocery store is 12 miles away - and our Wally World is 30 minutes from here. Where I used to live, it was 5 minutes away! I hear ya!

Last edited:
In these circumstances, you have to remember....things could be so much worse....

My ex husband is a mechanic, his brother in law had one of those money pits too. The intrepid has to be THE worst car ever constructed! Which gives Dodge/Chrysler a bad name cos generally they made good cars.

Just think, you could be in my situation....I had to trade in my hoop of a Cavalier a year and a half ago, I got the car I have been wanting for several years, A Jeep Liberty. It has a hefty price on it tho, I still owe 11k on it!

I love that Jeep......But....when I got it I was working 3 jobs and had the money to make the payments.

I have since downsized jobs, was down to one, then got pregnant....the father took off on me, and have been so sick from the pregnancy that I now have no job and soon will be watching them take the Jeep I love so much.

A suggestion on finding another car at a reasonable price.....see if there is a craiglist in your area or close by. I have seen cheap cars on there before. Just type in craiglist and look for a city near you.

Another suggestion on your car. If there is a Carmax near you, they buy cars, can look at it for free and give you an offer. They gave me $400 for my old pile Cavalier and it had 160k miles on it, was knocking so loud it sounded like there were rocks turning in the motor, LOL!

I hope you get it all sorted out, and hey....once you get those peeps and see those little fluffy fur balls, you will be happy!!

The car situation is just the top layer of my problems right now, I won't go into details. I am probably gonna loose everything in the midst of it all including my hubby and beloved chickens. Crap has hit the fan literally this week. I'm soo sorry for your situation crzychickenlady. Deadbeat fathers are horrible, my sister is dealing with that now so therefor i stepped up and took the responsibility of helping raise my nephew. My mom was a single parent as well and i can't imagine going thru that alone. I hope things get better for you very soon.
hugs.gif
. Hennysmom i sooo miss the convenience of the city life but i don't miss not being able to walk out the front door without a helmet and bullet proof vest on. It is sooo peaceful out here and the air is sooo much cleaner. Too bad everything is sooo expensive now n days it really stresses out a relationship. At least he fixed the car before he left.

Last edited:
Not that it is the case with all cars... not even sure which ones have them.... but when ours wouldn't do ANYTHING when started it was the coil that had gone bad. Easy fix and it was fine afterwards.

I hear ya. Our little town is in the middle of nowhere, our nearest Walmarts are 25 and 30 miles away.(Rochester,Red Wing and Winona)
Good luck with selling the lemon and getting something that will get you around at least halfway reliably!

Last edited:
Thanks magsc. I am certainly working hard at it. This week was totally unexpected, i wish i had seen it coming and i could have planned ahead. Oh well just another speed bump in the road of life. This too shall pass
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom