Once and for all, please tell me about Eden Pure Heaters

I have heard absolutely great things about them from the majority of the people, but have had two people tell me that their power bill went thru the roof, and that while the heat was great, they use a LOT more than the $1 a day as stated . . .I saw some at Rural King made by the DuraLog company for $250, and they are identical to the Eden Pure in looks and concept, but if they really use a LOT of power then I will just stick to what I have been using. . .LP is so outrageous its a hard call if the electric is going to be as bad as it is.
What a decision!!!! Our LP would run us over $2800 a winter, so I am trying to decide if a $400 a month light bill for 5 months is worth it . . .so come on people, tell us what you think.

Quote:
Do you have a fireplace?

Yes, but we used it faithfully for years, until I was sick ALL winter long with URI's, and finally our oldest DD said, "don't you know that wood heat sucks the oxygen out of the air?" And, sure enough as soon as we stopped using it, I didn't have any more issues. I was actually going into Asthma, and didn't want that . . .so there went that idea. LOVE wood heat, nothing like it!!!

I have 2 and I love them.

Background:
In 2007 we were working on our house and took out the downstairs heat.
Fall rolled around and we still did not have the heat hooked back up.
We ordered 2.
Our downstairs is 1000 square feet.
We ran one 24 hours a day and the other in the living room in the evenings.
The one kept the downstairs warm enough, but the second one made it nice and comfy.
Our electric bill barely went up $30.00

Disclaimer:
The work we did on the downstairs included new windows, foaming all the outside walls and just sealing it tight.
It might not have been able to keep the whole area warm had the house not been so weatherized.
At minimum, they are great to heat a large room, so that the whole house heat does not need to run as much to keep warm.

Finally,
We own a heating oil company and my hubby does the burner work in our house.
We believe that oil is the best heat, but I do love my Eden Pure and I still use it after a cold day out working.
The units we have are the box ones. I've heard different opinions about the fireplace models and have no idea how well the Eden Pure brand is on electricity.

Quote:
Do you have a fireplace?

Yes, but we used it faithfully for years, until I was sick ALL winter long with URI's, and finally our oldest DD said, "don't you know that wood heat sucks the oxygen out of the air?" And, sure enough as soon as we stopped using it, I didn't have any more issues. I was actually going into Asthma, and didn't want that . . .so there went that idea. LOVE wood heat, nothing like it!!!

Have you considered a pellet stove insert? If we had the money we would SOOO go with that over anything else. My friend had one and they cut their fuel bill down by 70% and had a warmer home. I loved hers!!!!

A 1500 watt heater will deliver 5100 BTU’s of heat per hour no matter if it comes from a 20 dollar walmart heater or a 300 dollar heater made in an Amish barn. All electric heaters have essentially the same efficiency at converting electric energy to heat energy. If the heater does not indicate anywhere how many watts or amps it uses, BEWARE of a possible scam. A quartz heater, a ceramic heater, and a plain old baseboard heater all have the same efficiency of energy conversion in spite of what the salespeople try to tell you. You pay the same amount per BTU from all of them. All electric space heaters have the SAME IDENTICAL EFFICIENCY. Period. End of story. If you don’t believe that, I have a great perpetual motion machine I would like you to invest in. Safety may be another matter, but they all take electricity and convert it into heat whether it is by resistance coils or light bulbs or ceramic disks. One kilowatt of electricity converted to heat produces 3,413 Btus per hour. Period. End of story. This is regardless of the type of space heater design it uses. The EdenPure design engineer who says they came up with a quantum leap in electric heater efficiency improvement is a bunch of crap. A 27 cent light bulb from WalMart has the exact same efficiency since it converts electricity to heat just the same.

Quote:
I'm not an expert on this subject, but I do disagree. The EdenPures use infrared heating elements. It's supposed to use less electricity.
I also know from experience that it does not burn through the electricity that normal heaters do.
I ran one 24 hours a day and a second one as needed, and my electric bill only went up around 30.00.
We have EdenPure generation 1. I have heard good and bad things about other brands.
And no....we do not sell or work for EdenPure. We have a heating oil company. Shhhh....don't tell our customers that I use an EdenPure to supplement our oil heat.

Back
Top Bottom