One breed stopped laying?

audrey305

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 20, 2013
Kendallville, IN
I have 11 chickens (3 EEs, 3 BRs, 3 BOs, and 2 RIRs). They are about 6 months old and started laying around August 12th (my son's bday so I remember exactly! Lol). I was getting anywhere from 5-9 eggs a day with 2 or so of those coming from my Easter Eggers... But over the last week or so, I have gotten zero blue/green eggs, only brown. They are in a large run, so I haven't found any hidden out there or in the coop.

Anyone else had just one bed stop laying? The number of brown eggs I'm getting have been slowly increasing as these girls are getting more regular, but I can't understand why the Easter Eggers have quit.

Some Easter eggers are consistent layers and others lay and quit repeatedly throughout the year. Many breeds actually do. I find it to be normal.

I find EE to be the most finicky for me. They all stopped laying thier first fall, they are the first to stop for fall, and last to start in spring. They will stop anytime is to hot or to cold. Add much as I love blue eggs EE will no longer be main producers in my flock they just aren't reliable enough.

Back
Top Bottom