One Dozen BEAUTIFUL Fluffy Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rockinpaints, Nov 3, 2010.

1. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Our Orpingtons are absolutely huge. Our girls are big, very fluffy and look like they have on big skirts. We purchased our original Orpingtons from show stock from Dick Horstman, and big beautiful Orpingtons from James May (just beginning to lay). We are extremely please with the quality from both lines.

I guess it could go unsaid that these birds are very easily confined because the are too heavy to fly. They are friendly and curious birds and are absolutely beautiful! We currently have our black roo in with the girls so you should hatch mostly blues, however there is a possibility of getting black as well.

Our eggs have good fertility and we have had an excellent hatch rate. However, due to the nature and handling of shipped eggs unfortunately we can not guarantee your hatch rate. We DO guarantee all eggs to be fresh and arrive in good condition and in a timely manor.

Thanks for viewing and Good Luck! (If you have ant questions at all please don't hesitate to ask)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep yep beautiful lines!

Not sure where JamesA got his Orps

3. ChickenHwk

ChickenHwk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Rayland, Ohio
    Where are you located in Ohio? I might be able to pick a dozen up if you are pretty close to me...

4. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    I hope these aren't inappropriate questions: What is the rate of lay, size of eggs? Disposition of roos? Thanks. I would also be interested where in Ohio you are located. Arrangements might be able to be made another time.

5. rockinpaints

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi there and thanks for your interest in our eggs![​IMG] We are located 1/2 way between Toledo and Cleveland in north central Ohio. (Wakeman).

I think the girls are average layers - maybe 5 eggs a week. They are all this springs hatch so they are still young. As far as eggs size I think that will get better as well. Right now the eggs are medium at about 1.8 to 2 ounces each, a full carton being 22/23 ounces. So far we have had no problems with the Orpington roos being people aggressive.

[​IMG]
    Hope the info helps.
    Thanks again [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    So do you add any extras?

7. rockinpaints

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Absolutely! [​IMG]

8. ChickenHwk

ChickenHwk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Rayland, Ohio
    Are you going to have any for sale this spring? I shut down my incubator...

9. rockinpaints

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    All the time. Sometimes there might be a little bit of a waiting list (if we are filling chick orders) but we will have them pretty much all the time.
    Thanks for your interest! [​IMG]

10. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    I wish I had a huge backyard, these birds are beautiful and so cuddly looking!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by