One Dozen BEAUTIFUL Fluffy Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs

rockinpaints

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Ohio
Our Orpingtons are absolutely huge. Our girls are big, very fluffy and look like they have on big skirts. We purchased our original Orpingtons from show stock from Dick Horstman, and big beautiful Orpingtons from James May (just beginning to lay). We are extremely please with the quality from both lines.

I guess it could go unsaid that these birds are very easily confined because the are too heavy to fly. They are friendly and curious birds and are absolutely beautiful! We currently have our black roo in with the girls so you should hatch mostly blues, however there is a possibility of getting black as well.

Our eggs have good fertility and we have had an excellent hatch rate. However, due to the nature and handling of shipped eggs unfortunately we can not guarantee your hatch rate. We DO guarantee all eggs to be fresh and arrive in good condition and in a timely manor.

Thanks for viewing and Good Luck! (If you have ant questions at all please don't hesitate to ask)

P1010219-393x288.jpg

P1010211-286x205.jpg
1orp3-279x218.jpg

P1010210-346x252.jpg

Last edited:
I hope these aren't inappropriate questions: What is the rate of lay, size of eggs? Disposition of roos? Thanks. I would also be interested where in Ohio you are located. Arrangements might be able to be made another time.

Hi there and thanks for your interest in our eggs!
jumpy.gif
We are located 1/2 way between Toledo and Cleveland in north central Ohio. (Wakeman).

I think the girls are average layers - maybe 5 eggs a week. They are all this springs hatch so they are still young. As far as eggs size I think that will get better as well. Right now the eggs are medium at about 1.8 to 2 ounces each, a full carton being 22/23 ounces. So far we have had no problems with the Orpington roos being people aggressive.

eggsizes.jpg

Hope the info helps.
Thanks again
smile.png

Last edited:
All the time. Sometimes there might be a little bit of a waiting list (if we are filling chick orders) but we will have them pretty much all the time.
Thanks for your interest!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom