One egg in incubator is two days behind in develp than other chicks!

PolishPoppy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 6, 2010
I have a small problem.... one of our chicken eggs "Lucky" was put in a cardboard box with 5 others and then the lamp broke 2 weeks into it so I shoved him/her in a Brisnea-like brooder...but he is TWO days behind the eggs in the brooder!!! Lockdown for it will be today! Do I keep him in there or put him back in the box with a new lamp?!

An egg. I have One egg that is two whole days behind in incubation because it was in a seperate handmade incubator that (broke) stopped working. We can get it running again....should I switch that egg back out of the incubator it is in right now -which contains eggs that will hatch in teh next 2 1/2 days (versus this one egg which is due to hatch in 4 1/2 days). I just do not know what to do...I don't want it to die---it survived a cardboard (handmade) box incubator (hence the name lucky).
sad.png

If it was me I would lock down with "Lucky" in the bator I dont know that a day and a half will make that big of a difference. Hopefully someone else will come along that has done it before. BUMP

I've done some research and found the following to be very interesting => http://extension.missouri.edu/publications/DisplayPrinterFriendlyPub.aspx?P=G8353

Long
story short, at the 16th day chicks are well formed and are looking to find out what "up" is. At this point you can safely stop turning the eggs if you want\
eed to. I've tried this on my last hatch with no ill side effects. The part I would worry about is how high the humidity gets, however I think you could still safely do this. Let us know how it goes.

So you think even with the humidity spiking in the incubator he should be OK? And then i should reset the bator for another two days just for him after my other chicks hatch? (so worried about one egg!)

Back
Top Bottom