One eye shut and one eye open

thinkyesi

Songster
Oct 24, 2016
Im not sure whats wrong with my sweet chickie, shes always running aroud happy and eating well,but yesterday i noticed her left eye is shut and her right eye in open. She just stands up and stays in a sleeping position and doesnt want to do much. I checked her eye and i cant see much. Just looks a little cloudy and dont see any puss, or scratches. What could this be? I feel like i can kinda see a very teeny tiny greysih speck in her eye, but im not too sure. What should i do? Please help!

Last edited:
She could just be sleeping. Sometimes my girls act like "pirates" too. If this behavior continues, then do a closer examination. She might have a bug or piece of dirt in her eye. Post again if she doesn't start acting better soon.

Most respiratory disease have symptoms that are associated with the eye such as Mycoplasma,Infectious Bronchitis.I would isolate her immediately and get her started on Tylan 50.

Most respiratory disease have symptoms that are associated with the eye such as Mycoplasma,Infectious Bronchitis.I would isolate her immediately and get her started on Tylan 50.

I got her some antibiotic eye cream at the feed store. I now can notice a little white dot in her eye, and her poop is very white and watery

A white spot could be a injury on the eye due to a peck or various other things.Keeps using the cream it should help

Last edited:
No, its not conected to the outside of her eye or even touching, it looks like a very small pimple on her eyeball, its not touching anything else, its just on the eyeball. Its on the iris of her eye only.

Last edited:
Yes i see it, tomorrow ill probably go buy the tylan just to be safe she isnt getting sick, her tail is down and isnt eating too well now, its making me worried

I try to open it but she keeps it shut and starts to want to fly away. It makes her nervous when i try to look at her eye when usually shes okay.

Back
Top Bottom