One Mean Charging Hen

angelnina

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 13, 2008
Seattle area
My pullets have all mixed well, but there is one pullet who is relentless toward the new gals. Has anybody ever tried isolating the bully? She has already drawn blood on one of my pullets. I can see her from the window and she continually charges the new new gals. The other pullets seem to be over it already. They have been mixed for a month and even during free ranging, she seeks them out and charges.

Is this just normal behavior? A farmer friend of mine told me to isolate her for six days. What do you think?

Would she be at the top of the pecking order before the new one's came on?

I think if you seperate her for a couple weeks and reintroduce her it will lower her in the pecking order and perhaps her attitude will relax since she's no longer in charge.

Would you believe she was at the bottom? We are just shocked because she was miss picked on before. I was wondering if it is because she is afraid of ending up at the bottom again so she goes into overkill?

I think she needs isolated, until the others toughen up a bit more.

wow... maybe its middle child syndrome?! Perhaps she likes top or bottom over middle?! Kinda like my little sister! LOL
roll.png

It seems after this long she does need to be seperated for awhile.

Quote:
yeah but it could back fire and put her on the bottem and then she would be picked on.....idk mine do that but i think theyre just showin who's boss.....but mine never draw blood....so idk

Back
Top Bottom