One of my Ducks has a major issue, please help me!

A waterfowl or poultry maintenance feed. If poultry, I'd add a sprinkle of brewer's yeast (not baking or winemaking yeast) to her food daily - like, a tablespoon daily.

Sometimes they call it grower feed.

For her, though, right now, I might consider breeder ration - it is higher in some nutrients and was recommended when we adopted a duck that had had nutrient deficiencies.

So here is a little update on the situation. It seems she completely freaks out whenever we put her in the tub and instantly wants out, I had to lay in the tub with her to calm her down, but eventually she starts freaking out again and won't really move around in the tub.

She showed some signs of improvement so we put her back in with the male so they could socialize with each other and she usually follows his lead so we thought it would be a good idea so she would start eating her feed again but she still hasn't really touched much food other than treats. It seems her legs are farther apart than the males and we've added niacin to the water and it seems like she can stand and when she walks it just doesn't look right. Usually after the tub she just can't stand at all and will spread her wings and start freaking out.

We also added pellet bedding for them to sleep on instead of the pee pads, but we are noticing they are sneezing today quite a bit so could they be inhaling the dust?

We were also given SMZ/TMP Suspension by the vet and still have it leftover, would it be okay to give her the proper dosage to see if it helps her?

I'm honestly at a loss of words because the male seems completely healthy and even flies short distances, does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

Is that a worm? She could have parasites - can you send that image to the vet?

It sounds like a neurological problem - sometimes there can be an infection that affects the brain and the nervous system. I would suggest that to the vet for consideration.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom