One of the wings of my duck has fallen

they are living in our garden there is not predator here but two cats sometimes comes here
Cats are predators! And are very well able to injure a duck.
If bones in the wing are broken, she needs to be bandaged so that she cannot move her wing. What i meant is, check her skin for any scratches, wounds or bruises. She might simply got stuck in a fence or similar, sometimes ducks are somewhat clumsy…
I have no experience with broken wings, maybe @casportpony can chime in.
Where are you located? If you're in a cold location it is a good idea to take her inside if she is really injured or sick. Her feathers look ruffled up too.

i didnt look under her wing i was concerned that its made pain for her i have not antibiotic here its night and petshop is closed. if her wing has broken movments wont make worse it?
You can use antibiotic ointment for people. Like the kind if you get a scratch you would put it on yourself under a bandaid? Just make sure it doesn't have pain reliever in it, like lidocaine, because that's not good for birds.

Also... Cats are definitely predators. And if they are in your garden other animals can get in and hurt them. I think you would be surprised.

Nice link @getaclue I'm bookmarking that one!

I also agree on injury or sprain. Angel wing is usually evident in the first few weeks, but can re-appear after a molt, if fixed the first time.

I also agree with antibiotic ointment and wrapping. If you are unable to handle the bird easy enough to wrap with that kind of wrap, you can use an old t-shirt, for initial stabilization, then secure with tape or tie or however you can manage to keep the bird stable. Use whatever you have - cut a leg from an old pair of kids pants, a sleeve from an old shirt, etc.

Try to keep it as dry as possible, you may have to separate the duck until it heals, for its own protection.

You can use antibiotic ointment for people. Like the kind if you get a scratch you would put it on yourself under a bandaid? Just make sure it doesn't have pain reliever in it, like lidocaine, because that's not good for birds.

Also... Cats are definitely predators. And if they are in your garden other animals can get in and hurt them. I think you would be surprised.
if it be cat works i really surprised it seems that they are good with her. here i have Coamoxiclav tablets is it good for her ?here is cold so i bring her to home it seems she is better i may try wrappe her wing, now she is sleep and tomorrow i will take her to a vet

Back
Top Bottom