One proud papa!

No, I think he was actually a little relieved.
gig.gif
I took them and put the egg and the chick in the bator, then went back out there a few minutes later and he was on the roost with the rest of them. I don't think he was too heartbroken.

I think its so amazing that he actually sat in the nest long enough for a chick to hatch. Guess Stud Muffin wanted to get in touch with his feminine side?
gig.gif

Oh, no. No nest! He dug a hole in the ground and sat there... I guess to make sure I remembered that, although he was playing Mr. Mom, that he was still a "MAN"?

Ya' know, just when I had reached that point in my life where I began to think that I had just about seen it all and that nothing coud surprise me; Now This! I've been around the world twice, went to two county (parish down here), saw a dommerneker hen try to crow like a rooster, but I ain't never seen or heard of a rooster go broody and set eggs.
old.gif

Something is definately wrong with this picture. This is a first for me and has got to be one for the record books. However, I did see and had pictures of a mare mule that had a colt. And we all know that that ain't supposed to happen either. They're hybrid.

This can only happen in Louisiana. Must be sommen in his drinking water or too many laying pellets. Does he breed the hens? I hope you don't tell me "he" laid the eggs too.
ep.gif

I was about to tell you I think it's this Louisiana weather that has him going crazy. Yes, he dances with the ladies, crows, the whole nine yards... He just so happens to sit on eggs.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom