One UGLY Egg!

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Obviously, anyone who keeps hens gets the random "freak" egg --misshapen or thin shelled or whatever. This is the ugliest egg I've gotten to date:

101_1160.jpg

It was perfectly fine inside, as I suspected it would be -- I didn't think a shell deformity would affect the yolk or white, since each part comes from it's very own place on the assembly line:

101_1165.jpg

THIS was its fate -- I just threw it into the loaf of caraway rye bread I baked last night:

101_1175.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sorry -- it seems to still appear on my computer as I pulled up this thread.

Too funny -- I went to photobucket and there is a red box that says "This image violated our terms of use"

I think they thought it was something other than an egg. Yikes!

I uploaded it directly to the the backyard chickens site. I would imagine they wouldn't be so uptight about a deformed egg!

37705_101_1155.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sorry -- it seems to still appear on my computer as I pulled up this thread.

Too funny -- I went to photoshop and there is a red box that says "This image violated our terms of use"

I think they thought it was something other than an egg. Yikes!

I uploaded it directly to the the backyard chickens site. I would imagine they wouldn't be so uptight about a deformed egg!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/37705_101_1155.jpg

sickbyc.gif

That is one pale yolk, is what I'd say.
wink.png

Still, always nice to see the ugly eggs go to a good use.

Quote:
I don't think it was quite as pale in real life -- the flash washed it out a bit.

But yes, the yolks aren't as orange as they were in the summer and fall when I had more produce to give them Now, they basically just get the table scraps, which isn't a lot in a small household.

Ewww, that IS a funky-lookin' egg! Do you know what kind of hen laid it? Maybe when she was half-way through, something scared her. That's what always comes to my mind when I see funky eggs like that.

Back
Top Bottom