One week old chick, slumping and constant chirping under brooder. Please help advice

dtj131

Chirping
7 Years
May 13, 2013
Bury, UK
One poorly chick been to vets given vitamins and electrolyte mix, is taking few drops but difficulty getting it in even with syringe. Is now chirping less and just sat slumping under the heat other chicks lying with it to keep it company. Is chirping less and just lying there most of the time. Eating and drinking small amounts not like the otter two, have mixed some chick crumb with water and liked that, but the other two polished it off as well. V worried it is going down fast any advice or help at all greatly appreciated. Thank you

No never been outdoor, one of only three hatched at home from eggs. All equipment was sterilised first. The others are cuddling up to it, it's still down and non stop chirping

I'm not for certain, but I don't imagine they can get it if they haven't come in contact with the soil. It's possible to get cocci if someone came in contact with dirt with their hands, or tracked any in on their shoes. Otherwise I'm not sure what it could be. In my experience, and from what I've read on the forum, sometimes chicks just seem to die, without any obvious reason. I would try some vitamins ( like sav-a-chick ) or electrolytes to help give the little one a boost, and hope for the best :)

Back
Top Bottom