One white hen getting pecked

Cherrmere

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 23, 2014
I have 22 hens. Mostly brown and some black as well. I also have 1 very white hen and since the beginning she has been pecked on by all the others. Any advice?

That's a really awesome setup, over crowding definitely isn't an issue! Do they peck to the point of drawing blood? You could separate her from the flock (out if sight), then bring another hen from the flock with her, watching to see if they get along. If they do you can reintroduce, it may shake up the pecking order enough to stop the bullying.

No they don't draw blood but she is universally disliked and spends most of her time alone in the coop when the others are out foraging. I wish I could dye her feathers brown!!

No they don't draw blood but she is universally disliked and spends most of her time alone in the coop when the others are out foraging. I wish I could dye her feathers brown!!
It probably doesn't have much to do with her color, there will always be a low hen on the pecking order.
If they are not chasing her down and drawing blood, pecking is a normal way to communicate.
If she's isolating and not: active, eating, drinking, and pooping well, she may be ill..

Back
Top Bottom