Online Farmers Market

Lobb , I can put you on the list of people wanting to help butcher. Last time we had 4 hogs to butcher ,and out of 12 people to volunteer and another 20 that wanted meat, we got 3 to show that did not live here. Everyone went home with 100# of free meat. Our plans were to give it away to family as Christmas presents. None of our family wanted meat that came from an animal with a name! Had to use every family members freezer. Friends and neighbors loved it though. Kicker is all of them were willing to eat it at Christmas! Next hog session I have our pastor on the list to help. I found that most are hesitant to butcher because they are inexperienced.

I'm not sure if this was legal, but my parents always bought our meat from farmers that raised the animal and butchered it.
The farmers would deliver the butchered animal (lamb, goat, pig,ect.) to our house and we would "process" it. Process= cut it up and put it in to freezer bags or butcher paper.
We only did this in the cold months i.e. Sept to April (well, it is Minnesota) and hung the animal in our cold garage while we processed it.
I was the only kid in my 2nd grade class that knew where to find bacon (salt pork) on a pig (and how to cut it off).
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom