Online Orders

VARN

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2015
Good evening! I am looking into ordering chicks online (which I have never done) from Cackel Hatchery. First off, is this a good idea and what are your experiences? Second, if I order a mosh posh of breeds, do they identify/separate etc so I can tell them apart? I am a serious amateur (I’ve had the same few ladies for almost 4 years) and would like input. I would like to avoid small order fees and get the minimum of 15, then disperse them amongst my chicken friends. Thanks!

Welcome! I've had very good experiences with Cackle both times I've ordered from them. Healthy chicks, as ordered, delivered in early April. I've got more coming this April!
I much prefer to call the hatchery and speak to a living breathing human being, rather than ordering online. That way I get the latest information about chick availability, and can order exactly the right mix of birds to be delivered at the best day for me.
Enjoy!
Mary

I just received an order of 3 chicks from Cackle and all 3 are doing great. I live in South Texas so they did travel a little ways and I was worried about them the whole time. All three of mine were the same breed so I wouldn't be able to answer the other part of your question. This was my first time ordering online and Cackle did an excellent job with the packaging to ensure my chicks would arrive safe. I would definitely order again from them.

Excellent! Thank you for your replies. I lucked out the other day and got 6 new chicks from our local feed store. They had the breeds I was hoping for! 3 Ameraucanas, 2 Cuckoo Morans and 1 Welsummer. I have three ‘older’ ladies they will eventually be joining (my very first chicks from 3 years ago). These are the first chicks I’ve had since. Let cross our fingers all goes well ❤️

Excellent! Thank you for your replies. I lucked out the other day and got 6 new chicks from our local feed store. They had the breeds I was hoping for! 3 Ameraucanas, 2 Cuckoo Morans and 1 Welsummer. I have three ‘older’ ladies they will eventually be joining (my very first chicks from 3 years ago). These are the first chicks I’ve had since. Let cross our fingers all goes well ❤️
Glad to hear it yep I called up the local feed store today and found out they have yet to place their Ideal Poulty order, so piggy backed the 5 I wanted in with their future order. It was what I was going to suggest but seems you wen't almost the exact route I was going to suggest.

Back
Top Bottom