Online Organic Layer feed?

MyRedStarz

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Hi! I've got three 9 week old Red Star Hens and I'm thinking of future laying feed options. What is the best online store to purchase organic layer feed from? and is there certain ingredients i should try to stay away from? Also, if someplace affordable is a plus. Thanks in advance for your responses.

yippiechickie.gif

Bump!
I don't use organic feed only regular old TSC DuMor feed and all the bugs, grass & veggies their bellies can handle. Hopefully someone will come along soon that knows about good organic feeds.

I use organic feed from Egganic Industries - they use a co-op of organic feed suppliers and you order from the one in the state that is closest to you, lower shipping charges. Shipping charges are not cheap, but there are no organic feed suppliers near me, and I do not have a lot of chickens.

deb g

For online ordering, I use Countryside Organics: http://www.countrysideorganics.com/
My
guidelines were:
- Must be Organic
- Prefer Soy-Free
- Most have mostly good feedback from actual users of the feed
- Must be able to ship (I can't talk my feed stores into organic when I'd be the only one buying according to them! And I can't do a co-op since I know so few other chicken people locally)
- Shipping must be as reasonable as possible (considering how much 50lbs costs to ship)
- Needs to be less than $30 / 50lb. of feed (not including shipping) simply because that is the upper tolerance of what I can afford

Countryside met all of my criteria!
I don't know if they are affordable for you but I wanted to let you know just in case.

Azurestandard.com carries Rogue Feeds' Organic layer feed. It's a co-op that has a lot of different organic foods and animal feeds, check to see if they have an ordering group in your area.

Back
Top Bottom