1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Online Party...Should I?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by McCord6, Nov 13, 2009.

1. I am currently selling AVON products and was thinking of something but I want options first!
    Anyone think It would be a good idea to host an ONLINE AVON PARTY here on BYC?
    Im still new with AVON and thought it would be a great way to get started.

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I think you should clear that with the owners/admins of BYC first. [​IMG]

3. I want to know everyone's option first then I am planning on talking to them. It'll be mainly at my website then here on BYC.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have an online party going for Tupperware. I just posted the information here with a link. I sent the invitations outside BYC.

5. I looked at your tupperware site and GOSH if I had the money, I would be spending more then $100 on there! ALOT of stuff that would be useful! Expecially the kids stuff- CUTE!

6. debilorrah

Quote:Do you read lips? Do you have any communication barriers? If not, I would hit the pavement when you have time - post flyers at stores, leave business cards on car windshields, leave catalogs at neighbors houses, etc. When I sold Avon, and I went around the neighborhood, about 1/2 the houses had people that were practically waiting for me.

7. I do read lips and do communicate. I have had several books passed out to different people. My husband even enjoys doing AVON (funny huh? he packs up all my booklets into bags for customers I DO have! LOL!) He is a big help. I also gave a bunch of books to my mom who passed them around at work. One trouble I got right now with locals, there are 2 other AVON Reps in the same town and this is a small town!

8. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    If allowed with the management, nothing wrong with linking your website online party to this site.
    you might get some buyers. sounds fine if OK'd.

9. debilorrah

Quote:Then you need to be more aggresive than they are!!!! I still need to go to your site, it's Friday! PAY DAY!

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I once bought Avon from another BYC member, but couldn't get a response from her when I needed more. I ended up buying from somebody else. I wish I knew that you were selling it 2 weeks ago. I would have bought the $40 worth of deoderant and lotion from you. Are you set up on www.avon.com for people to order online and get the free shipping?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by