Only wings left not even a feather just wings with feathers attached what was it?

Kinderschickens

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
found a set of clean wings with meat and feathers still on wing in back yard bird is gone the killer didn't leave a trail and there is no feathers strung out??? No bones nothing but two cleanly pulled out wings never seen this before. Any help? I need to know what I'm looking for we have 125 byc and most have names.

Gallo del Cielo

La Gallina Resort & Spa
9 Years
May 6, 2010
Tucson
My Coop
My Coop
Sorry about your bird. I had a coyote take one of my hens in broad daylight, hop over the wall surrounding my property and promptly remove both wings. The coyote then carried the body off as I approached to bludgeon it to death. It left the two wings and there were no other feathers laying about.

chickenwisper

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 6, 2013
What ever is doing this is getting two a night eating 80% of one and 50% of other even eating the feathers

chickenwisper

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 6, 2013
Lost two a night for the last week I think I have a large bird predator owl or hawk only catching rabbits in the hole in fence no tracks at all and I got foot traps all over the trail and behind fence. Me and my daughter had a big big bird watching us set traps sitting in a tree behind our color after dark we could only see his out line and he flew off was very big

Ol Grey Mare

One egg shy of a full carton. .....
Premium member
6 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
Lost two a night for the last week I think I have a large bird predator owl or hawk only catching rabbits in the hole in fence no tracks at all and I got foot traps all over the trail and behind fence. Me and my daughter had a big big bird watching us set traps sitting in a tree behind our color after dark we could only see his out line and he flew off was very big
So your birds are out at night - I take it either not in a run or an uncovered run?

bobbi-j

Crossing the Road
10 Years
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
It doesn't really matter what is eating your birds. If they're unprotected at night, they're fair game for anything that comes along.

Top Bottom