Onyxia has impacted crop. UPDATED huge wet blood splatter

Quote:
I tried getting a shot with a flashlight on it. It looks brown in the dark but its orange/red with light on it. Plus the other fresh droppings have traces of red.

That looks cecal to me, too. It may be totally normal, the cecal poo is always looser than the normal stuff, and it looks like it might be the right color.

Quote:
The temp is 85-90. They only started when I took out the feed. I know that's why they are chirping loudly. Should I place it back in or keep it out over night to see if the crops go down in size?

Quote:
The temp is 85-90. They only started when I took out the feed. I know that's why they are chirping loudly. Should I place it back in or keep it out over night to see if the crops go down in size?

To see if the crop and gizzard are working properly I would keep the feed out. If you feel the need to feed try something easier to digest like maybe mashed boiled egg or moistened white breed. But only sparingly. Most likely they are over eating and this could affect the crop and gizzard.

Ok, lets try to figure this out. As far as the crops go I think there is a good chance they just stuffed their little piggy/chickie faces. You can check for that by taking their food away for the night and checking them first thing in the morning. If their crops are back down in the a.m. then everything is fine there. If not then you'll need to start with the olive oil.

As far as the blood in the poo that sounds like cocci. First thing in the morning you're going to want to call around to your local feed stores and find some Corid or Sulmet. I like Corid better because I don't think it's as hard on them. Cocci can kill them pretty quickly, BUT they usually respond well to treatment so hopefully you'll be fine. I'd really like to see some more pictures of the bloody poo though, because the one you posted didn't really look that bloody (which is a good thing) so it might not even be cocci. I'd still try to get the Corid though because it's good to keep on hand.

Uploading more pictures now. In them the poop looks more brown but in person it is orange-ish/red. Plus there is a bit of it around the cage. May have traveled by chick foot.
It says on the poo page this happened around every 8 to 10 droppings? Would this be a daily occurrence?
49036_sdc10537.jpg

49036_sdc10544.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom