Oops Not A Good Time For This

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by annie3001, Jun 26, 2010.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    oh boy,
    our neighbors daughter is getting married at their house. nice outdoor wedding
    looks like a nice set up!!!

except for my crowing easter egger rooster...
    so i went to the pen,to throw some food and shut him up.
    that didnt work.

bet the wedding is wondering "is that a rooster crowing"?[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Can you put the roo up during the ceremony and some time after that so the guests can enjoy their day?

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i have been throwing him food threw the run.....
    just looked outside,,,they ended the outside ceremony already...on the count of rain (thankgoodness..thanks rain) [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Ack! Rooster like to crow. It's what they do. And a wedding is the perfect time to tell the world what he thinks about his hens. Sounds like the rain may have saved the roo.

I had a family want to use a picturesque corner of our pasture for a small outdoor wedding. I was thrilled! I helped with the setup and so forth.

On the other hand, Oscar, my 29 year old Orange Wing Amazon parrot, had to add his opinion of all the goings on. Nothing can shriek like a jealous Amazon parrot. Then add his dubious repertoire of the English language and there were a few red faces. Although the bird building was located several hundred yards away, every time Oscar saw me through the window he would scream and curse. If he couldn't see me but heard my voice he would really set free some 'foul' language. Covering his cage solved the problem for only a few minutes because he knew how to pull the blanket off his cage.

Poor fella had to go in the closet in the house for a few hours during the wedding. Odd thing though.....the bride said Oscar made her wedding a bit more special because she now had the memory of a bird brain yelling: 'Run B#$#@! Run [email protected]#@$^! No! No! Come back here! Will you shut up!' during the set-up.

Avians, you gotta love our modern day dinosaurs!

6. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

do you live in town or out of town?

7. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I think it's great!! No one ever remembers the brides dress or the special vows written but they'll talk forever about the rooster crowing (and parrot cursing)! [​IMG]

8. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Went ot a farm wedding once where the brides spring lambs pushed through the gate adn followed her down the aisle.

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:i am out in the country

10. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well then they should be used to it! lol
    Quote:i am out in the country

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by