Opal Old English Games on Eggbid, I have questions :)

27809_revised_opal_painting_1.jpg
Here is a painting I done of a Opal male This is very close to what they should look like

Last edited:
I was wondering too. I'm thinking it's lavender or a variant as I don't see how it could be a new gene. Also the birds look exactly like lavender birds.
This bid is for 1 pair of Opal Old English Game Bantams the cockerel 749 is last years hatch and a pullet 596 from this year. Opal is the newest color developed in OEGBs it is thought to be a new mutation, it breeds true and is a simple recessive gene, When bred to black it produces all black that carry Opal , when one of these blacks are then mated to Opal it produces 50% Opals and 50% blacks. The Opals have great OE type and are very beautiful. $45.00 for shipping & box. Will combine if more than one Auction Won.

Also the heritability of lavender just happens to be the same and it's entirely possible that lavender popped out of this guys black line of oegs and he thought it was something new and rare aka worth money. Then again I could be wrong.
wink.png

opal is a new genetic mutation that popped up in this man's flock. it turns black into an almost white and the red into an almost lavendar shade. it is not lavendar, but is a simple recessive gene like lavendar. he started a thread on them when they first appeared in his flock a few years ago on the oegbcoa forums and they helped them figure it out overtime.

This is again this weird 4# dominant white allele colour.
There are Kraienkoppe here in that colour. Also Sebrights of which the black is greyish.
Also known from Brakels since early history when mating yellow white banded to black banded, some of this dirty colour were the results.
When mated F1 x F1 it bred true: white/greyish banded.
This shade is also in some chamois birds, mostly in the hackle region.

The Kraienkoppe in this colour. The 'brownish' is caused by gold.
Same little black specks in tail as in wing of the eggbid OEGB.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom