Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Can I join this thread? lol. I wasnt on the castle one. I'm kinda shy
tongue.png

Quote:
You sure can. The only requirement is that you be yourself. On second thought coming from a guy with the ever changing avatar that does sound a little ludicrous. Welcome!

Last edited:
Oh, wow! Please do post pictures. I wish I had time for projects like that.

My great grandmother's pie chest is in my mom's barn. She won't let me get my hands on it - even tho' it was my DAD'S grandmother, not hers...but one day it will be mine! This story about your cabinet reminded me of that. I absolutely love old pieces like that. I have my great granddad's HUGE stand-up radio & my great granny's old flat irons.

Last edited:
I think I can do that haha. Oh, well today I walk outside and I have 2 Rumpless Aracaunas (NEVER laid an egg) in a pen. Well last night (6:30ish) I got in the pen to check for eggs and looked everywhere couldnt find any. Well I walk out today and in the pen is 4 blueish greenish eggs!!!!! I was soo happy but thats so weird that they both began laying on the same day and layed 2 each
tongue.png

Hi, Opa!!!
frow.gif

I haven't "seen" you since I was sick! Thanks for the good company - it really helped pass the time! And I listened to NPR this morning AND afternoon in my F150...it would have fired you up good today
lau.gif

Big hug! You are one of my favorites around here!

Congratulation on the eggs. I too had some eggcitement today. Seven out of my eight bantam pullets gave me eggs today for the first time.

Howdy Opa and all.. I am on a quick break at work. Pretty busy round here tonight... but just wanted to pop in and say HI....

Wow Opa!

My grandmother used to have that cabinet that you store sugar, flour, spices in drawers...it was made of enamel coated steel in white with black pinstripes. UGLY thing but it sure did last for YEARS! They had a pull out wooden block and huge bins on the bottom for potatoes or any root vegetables. I think they had that cabinet for 40 years before my uncle chucked it in the garbage when they were redoing the cabinets in the kitchen.

I do remember my Dad was saying he remembers stealing his Grandma's pies from the window and pie safe LOL! And knocked over the outhouse with his Grandpa inside of it LOL!

Oh so many stories to share LOL! I'm not that old, 45 years young LOL!

Hello all, I'd like to join in too! We have a lot of excitement here at home (its great having kids that are as excited about chickens as myself) We got some new chicks this past weekend and we have a broody sitting on some eggs due any day now. and it is warm and sunny this week! It is surely feeling like spring even though it is still a few weeks away!

I haven't ever participated in any of the longstanding threads, but saw my buddy Maggie had posted on here so I thought I'd join in, if ya'll don't mind.
I love to talk chickens(just ask poor Maggie) and would love to make some new BYC friends.

Back
Top Bottom