Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Sheila, looks like we are the last ones standing! I lived in Austin most of my adult life and miss it terribly. But I HAVE been to Cut-n-Shoot!

Austin area is so gorgeous! I love that area. Do you miss it? I'm on the edge of the Big Thicket-about 90 miles east of Houston.

Quote:
I suspect I miss the atmosphere more than the climate, brutal summers when you work outdoors a lot. And the Tex-Mex food! I always loved getting out in the Hill Country, but went to Bastrop when I needed a pine tree fix.

Your area is very similar to here. Off 290?

Last edited:
DANG!!!! 16 pages to read!!!!

Opa.... "jaw dropping on floor" smilie... Your work just leaves me breathless. You have such an amazing gift. Truly, you are quite an artist.

YEAHHHHH!!!!!! Got my ballet tickets.. going to see the San Francisco Ballet on the 27th to see The Little Mermaid.. Totally can't wait.. I am excited beyond words...

Ah yes, the food here...Cajun, Tex-Mex and the seafood. Of course, you may have access to that as well, depending what part of South Carolina you live in.
Actually, I'm about 15 miles off I-10.

ETA: I always forget that smoking brisket is such a Texas thing-I just assume everyone does it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom