Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Good morning all! You're all making me jealous with pictures of your yards and awesome coops/runs. Someday, I'll live where I can do something like that...darn HOA's. Looks to be another nice day here. I put 8 silver laced polish under a broody yesterday and I've got 3 eggs in the bator and 6 eggs under a broody due next week. DH and I put our 5 acres up for sale yesterday.
fl.gif
it sells quickly.

I wake each morning confident that it is going to be a good day. Usually I don't have to look to hard to discover some reason to be glad I'm alive. Such was the case today. It started out a little cold and gloomy but soon the sun came out followed by the turkeys. I sat here watching their antics, drinking my coffee, and thinking life couldn't be much better. Then suddenly it was. The phone rang and it was my cyber-daughter, the Highlander, calling me from Scotland. You can't know how wonderful that made me feel. I know for a fact that I'm a very wealthy man.
10233_happy_jump_for_joy.gif

Mornin' everyone.
frow.gif
I slept until 9:00 this morning! Actually I tossed and turned until 9, actual sleep is getting harder and harder... and no caffeine allowed for me.
tongue.gif

Love to look out and see the wild turkeys around here. They love to come eat any scratch the chickens,ducks and guineas haven't managed to eat. First time I saw turkeys in the yard DH didn't believe me. I do believe I know what a turkey looks like. Have even been chased down the road while driving my Expedition by the turkeys trying to protect their babies.
lau.gif
Silly turkeys.

Wow took me a while to catch up on all the chatter.. Stretch, Yawn...Oh the coffee is wonderful this morning. Nice rainy day we have. After a three year drought, when we see the rain we thank the good Lord and smile. Hay season was real good last year, hopefully we will have another good season this year. 750 cows is lot to feed in the winter time.

Love the mantels, and the cabinet. Awesome work Opa. And the chicken pen and turkey yard is wonderful. We have so many wild turkeys in our area, i just love to watch them.

Well hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed morning. Good Day.

Good day all,

I am late today, didn't sleep well last night so I slept in this morning! The dogs co-operated for once!

Hi Luna, hope you are recovering rapidly and comfortably.

Orp, how's TaterTot?

Warm and rainy here. Good day to run into the city for a new keyboard.

March 11—Johnny Appleseed Day
Celebrating John Chapman, legendary American pioneer and folk hero who planted apple trees across the American frontier. Chapman’s birthday is on September 26, but Johnny Appleseed Day is celebrated today.

HAPPY JOHNNY APPLESEED DAY!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom