Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Hey, Luna!!!!! You're a better person than I am. I can't promise not to be gross. I've spent my whole life either carrying children, having children, cleaning up after children, husbands, or critters and I don't even know what gross is anymore. LOL! But I do take re-direction and slaps on the wrists in a positive manner. I'll tell you in advance, sweet Sam, that if I ever say anything to embarrass you it is not my intention, dear friend. All you need do is say, "ah-hem....*blush*" and I'll go like this:
duc.gif

Those Tom turkeys look so cool! I didn't know they have beards. Is that what those things are?

Good news! We have company coming on Sunday to look at the three yak calves that I have for sale. Seein' as how they're driving an hour and a half to do so, I'm guessing they're pretty interested. I hate to see the little ones go, but it will be cool to know that there's another yak farm getting started somewhere in Michigan.

Quote:
Oh, you gotta post pics!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Congrats to you and your family Cindiloo!! Very nice pictures
smile.png
I will post pics as soon as I can. I have no idea how to get them off the camera and onto the computer lol, so my husband has to do that! I know how to get them posted on here though, so that is not a problem!

Cindi, I wish the kids well and I sure the guidance you've given her over the years will stand her in good stead.

Where in sw Tennessee are you located. I'm sure the weather there is a few degrees warmer than here.

Quote:
In a little town called Selmer, just 5 miles North of the Mississippi state line on Hwy 45. Yeah today is 60 degrees
smile.png
Thanks for the well wishes! I hope they do good for themselves too, I just wish they would have waited a bit longer. I can disagree and still be a proud mom though
wink.png
I had to chuckle at her for wearing black too...she has always loved the color black.
hu.gif

Hey Cin, this is when you just have to hope all the learning sank in. Please wish the the happy couple congratulations for me.

Just got done catching up again,lol.
smile.png

Lots of interesting things going on in peoples lives.
My mind is very tired today so I am just going to drink my coffee and listen.
caf.gif
(for the most part!)
Oh, set Polish, Salmon Faverolle Mix and Ancona duck eggs this morning, then got my Lakenvelder eggs from Sheila.
I loved the pictures of the turkeys. On our way home last weekend we went by a farm and there were many wild turkeys scratching around by a grain bin.

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you remember the song from the Disney Johnny Appleseed cartoon? My nieces sing it as one of their dinner blessings. They sing the first verse, but I think the others are lovely too.

Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need:
The sun, the rain and the appleseed;

Oh, and every seed I sow
Will grow into a tree.
And someday there'll be apples there
For everyone in the world to share.
Oh, the Lord is good to me.

Oh, here I am 'neath the blue, blue sky
Doing as I please.
Singing with my feathered friends
Humming with the bees.

I wake up every day,
As happy as can be,
Because I know that with His care
My apple trees, they will still be there.
The Lord's been good to me.

I wake up every day
As happy as can be,
Beacuse I know the Lord is there
Watchin' over all my friends and me
The Lord is good to me.

Quote:
Do you remember the song from the Disney Johnny Appleseed cartoon? My nieces sing it as one of their dinner blessings. They sing the first verse, but I think the others are lovely too.

And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need:
The sun, the rain and the appleseed;

Oh, and every seed I sow
Will grow into a tree.
And someday there'll be apples there
For everyone in the world to share.
Oh, the Lord is good to me.

Oh, here I am 'neath the blue, blue sky
Doing as I please.
Singing with my feathered friends
Humming with the bees.

I wake up every day,
As happy as can be,
Because I know that with His care
My apple trees, they will still be there.
The Lord's been good to me.

I wake up every day
As happy as can be,
Beacuse I know the Lord is there
Watchin' over all my friends and me
The Lord is good to me.

How nice, I bet it's sweet to hear them sing it. I don't remember it, so that was a very nice post, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom