Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Since I've entered into the "old man" stage of my life for some strange reason I wake very early. In the summer that's not an issue. However, now with winter bearing down on us I have to sit for hours waiting on the sunrise which doesn't come until after 8am.

Yesterday I managed to get the main coop cleaned but didn't have enough wood shavings to cover the floor adequately. So this morning I must pick some up and finish the other coops as well. It was incredible how much I removed yesterday was feathers. I quess that explains why egg production has been off.

Quote:
I am doing good, thanks. Are you another one that cleans like mad when company is due?

For weeks! Tis very necessary!
lol.png
I even decided in a moment of madness that the living room needed new wallpaper so I did that too.
th.gif

Quote:
Yep, both of my coops look like the inside of featherbeds. Hoping to give them a good clean out this coming weekend, before it turns too cold. I was forced to buy straw for my nestboxes, no hay available around here because of the drought. I need to do the nestboxes today.

Sam, I'm not up this time of morning usually. My DH's work shift has suddenly shifted, so I am really trying to train my body and mind to live in the daytime world. It's not working real well.
lol.png

Quote:
I am doing good, thanks. Are you another one that cleans like mad when company is due?

For weeks! Tis very necessary!
lol.png
I even decided in a moment of madness that the living room needed new wallpaper so I did that too.
th.gif

Oh my goodness! Wallpaper too? I think I'd just have to go ahead and move. I need to get up to the space above my kitchen cabinets and pack away all the dust collectors up there. I am on a mission to rid this house of as many dust collecting knick knacks as I can. I hate dusting!

Quote:
Now why didn't I ever think of that??
Our yard is piled up with leaves, yet the only thing the leafblower has ever been used for is to dry the harley after it's had its weekly bath.
roll.png

So I guess this is how the addiction begins, right? Now I have left the ONE thread I told myself I would follow(I kind of have a reason for that one)! Before anyone asks, no I have not read all 395 pages of this thing. I read the first and then the last four or five. Once I saw that there are some people I know, I figured what the heck!

Back
Top Bottom