Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Ganging up on me eh?
2020.gif

Sorry you didn't get to go on your boat trip Sam, sounds like a frustrating day. DH is a keen sailor but unfortunately I am a bit of a Jonah so I'm not allowed to go any more!

It's dark and gloomy here today, yet it only took a phone call from my "darlin' daughter" in Scotland to make me aware of just how much sunshine is in my life. I may call her Thistle but I sure she knows that I feels she is a beautiful flower. Isn't it amazing that such wonderful friendships have occurred as a result of looking up how to treat a sick chicken.

I normally am awake by 5am but today for some reason I slept til 7. Sleeping late seems to be the norm today. While Hope was awake when I woke she sat in my recliner and has fallen back asleep. Granny didn't wake until after 9 and waiting each morning for her to get up is very unsettling. She sleeps so soundly and without any apparent signs of life. Many mornings I have checked on her to trying to see if her chest is moving. Makes for some unsettling mornings. Today she woke feeling better than she has in weeks so there is one more reason that today is going to be a good day.

Last edited:
Opa, I'm glad you and terrycloth got to talk. These types of frienships are what make the world go round! Also glad all is good in your world today as well. It's sunny but cool here in the south, but still a good day.

Well lose internet for a few days, and you miss a lot! We had our trick for Halloween with that storm. Actually we had no Halloween, trick or treating was cancelled. The kids finally went back to school today. It is not even winter yet and we have had 3 snow days already!
Welcome to Opa's place Theotherranch, we just blab about whatever pops to mind here. It is nice to have a place like this to make friends!

Quote:
I wouldn't have minded if halloween had been cancelled here. I hate it. All that sugar makes me nervous... I'm sorry you've had snow already, we are due ours in a couple of weeks.
thsmiley_sigh.gif

Back
Top Bottom