Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Hey Sam, it was my birthday the other day and I got a Keurig. I never thought I would go for this newfangled invention, but I love it. Gives me more reason to sit back sip some coffee and chat on Opa's thread. Maybe you should check them out.

I recently had to replace my coffee pot and I briefly considered the Kreurig but decided to stick with Bunn. I like not having to wait when I want coffee. Hope, Granny and I just came in from shopping and I immediately put on the 4th pot of the day. Probably will go through at least one more before this day is done.

Quote:
I love how I can put in the cup, or just add coffee to a filter if I want to, press a button and viola a cup of coffee in less than a minute! It is especially good for putting into a to go cup. Wow 4th pot of the day, you sure drink a lot of coffee Sam!
Kandra

Quote:
X2 on the Bunn!! Love mine!!

It's a wet, windy, overcast day here. The chickens are all hiding out inside, I don't blame them! The forecast is calling for sunshine tomorrow through Sunday and I hope, for a change, they're right. Lots of leaves for the coops are lying around waiting to be shredded and bagged. Can't believe it's November already.

Supposed to be sunny tomorrow but is going to be below freezing when I hit the water. Sure glad some feller back in history figured out how to stuff duck feathers in a coat.

Last edited:
Todd you had asked what kind of boat I'm using on the river. It's an incredibly stable canoe made in Florida called a Gheenoe. It's 15' long, and 44" at the widest point. It's Coast Guard approved for 10hp and carry capacity of 675 lbs. I have a 10hp Nissan motor on it and will be adding an electric trolling motor on the bracket I added off the side of the transom. A chain anchor hangs from the bow and is used to either stop or impede the downstream drift. Four rods rigged with either Quickfish or Flatfished lures are worked through the runs and holes.

10233_ghenoe.jpg

10233_ghenoe_2.jpg

Nice rig!! It looks to be stable on a lake( without whitecaps ), but also able to handle the rivers. Pretty! Good luck on your outing in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom