Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Opa, I am really sorry you are having such a bad year!
C'mon down here (before the firstof Jan.) and I'll get you into a hunt down here.
Yeah, I know, no way, no how this late, but dern, I hate the luck your not having.

Well, we had our Christmas
21259_137.jpg
with the grand kids this last weekend. So much fun!
21259_142.jpg

21259_168.jpg

21259_182.jpg

21259_166.jpg

21259_163.jpg

Quote:
LOL, that is my granddaughter with the pipes, the big one licking the spoon is my daughter! You can get the pipes at a novelty shop, they are about 28 pounds.

Christmas is fast upon us and year end is not far away. It's been a year of joy and sorrow, wonder and enlightenment. I think we all have found a greater appreciation of family and friends.

While I still have one week of the hunting season left I am not real optimistic about the final outcome. This could be the first hunting season since since 1979 that I haven't limited out on deer. If that turns out to be the case it will sure alter our menu for the next year. Joe, my oldest son, wants me to come to his house or meet him halfway so he can give me a lot of beef. He had just butchered a young steer, which would have provided them with more than their need for the coming year, when a young heifer he was transporting fell out of the trailer breaking a hip that required putting her down. She was about 800 pounds and no way was he going to allow her to go to waste so he had to butcher her as well. As a result he has surplus.

Today is the day that we celebrate our Xmas. Dave and Amy will be over this afternoon as well as Hope's sons Kenny and Roy. Kenny has an 8 year daughter and a son who will be 3 in February. Roy has a 6 year old daughter and his wife is expecting twin girls in June. We only buy presents for the kids and it is wonderful to see their excitement build as they puzzle over what awaits them under the tree.

Rather than having a sitdown dinner a few years ago we decided to switch to a hor d'oeuvre spread. The original idea was to make less work but with everything Hope wants to put out it isn't. Shrimp, meat balls, sausage, cheese, devilled eggs, crackers, wrapped smokie links, bbq sausage, veggies and dip, fruit, cake, and pies. It is a wonderful time to enjoy each others company and I wish all of you could share it with us.

Laura, while it was wonderful to see the pictures of your family don't you think it was a little cruel to post a picture of the swimming pool when most of us won't see water that isn't solid for six more months.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Opa, count your blessings that your son would help you out with extra beef! I would take that beef and run with it LOL!

Our Christmas will be quiet with hubby, me and daughter. We will be going over to my sis' house for the big one. She will be doing all the fixings, a big turkey, dressings, green bean casserole, mini cup cheesecakes and cookies while I will bring over some lettuce salads, with relish/veggie tray. My nephew, 22, is signing up for the Army because sis gave him an ultra, move out! He simply just could not make it with his job living on his own even he was working full time. Now he passed all the tests and awaiting for the date that he would be shipped out to boot camp. He wants to be a sniper but the tests revealed that he doe snot have the mental capablilties of dealing with sniper trainings and he would do some mech. work on vehicles. He wanted to do the Hummers but they told him, he won't be just doing Hummers, but all ranges of transportations. Oh fun he will have! I don't know if he can tote all those Craftsman tools with him!
lol.png

My daughter Katie is very excited for Christmas! We got her some useful things, such as Lite Brite and Jack Sparrow doll that I got from Ebay (from Santa, of course!) and the rest of the stuff is from us. Got stocking stuffers and hopefully I don't forget them LOLOL! It would be bad if I can not find them and they have been sitting in the closet for four months when I transfer all the winter coats in and spring coats out.

No snow here but bitterly cold. I am going to bake some sugar cookies today. The chickens will get their warm water and hopefully get some warm food scraps. I am hoping to get an EGG out of my Black Orp hen but looks like she isn't going to be doing any laying. I thought Orps would be cold weather laying bird, but not her! My Wellies are done for the year and in a month or two, they should be rolling out clay eggs! No roosters for me this year. Hope next fall I should be having one. Got plans in getting more Wellies and Spitzhaubens, thrown an EE or Ameraucana girl or two in the lot for assorted egg colors in my basket.

No newsletter for the WCNA planned soon, hopefully I should get back in gear after all the holidays are over. Its like pulling teeth trying to get all the breeder's stories but no one submitted it (even the well known ones!) I know they are very busy but if they can't, well, they can't. Heaven forbid if they decided to kick the bucket and there will be no stories to be told.

I want to wish a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you Opa, and to all your Friends and Family out there.. It has been very enjoyable to read all of your posts during this last year.. I'll look forward to reading more this coming year, if you have no objections.. Will...

A very Merry Christmas to all from Fla.(for a few days).
Then it will be a Happy New Year from home in SC.
All of y'all have a very merry!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Eve to Everyone! (I guess it could actually be Christmas in Scotland by the time Highlander reads this!) Christmas is for family and friends and I certainly consider all of you both! Mary

Back
Top Bottom