Open or leave it alone

jackydb2

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 31, 2013
Portsmouth VA
well all of my chicks have hatched except for one , so i opened up the egg at the air cell , but not into the next layer , and it looks like the chick hasnt absorbed the yolk , so what should i do , open the rest and leave him in the incubator or leave it alone like it is ?

Emma14

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
It the bitty moving or making noise an how long has it been in the incubator? It could jus be a stillborn baby.

Emma14

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
That's good it's movin. I would prob leave it, check it before you go to bed tonight and if its made progress in cracking the shell you should have a baby in the morn. If it has completely stopped moving and making noise before you go to bed then I'd go ahead an hatch it yourself

Emma14

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
The membrane/she'll could be to thick for it to get out. If thts the case then you will have to hatch it yourself

Emma14

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Ok in the groove where the membrane an shell are still attached carefully pull it. Poppin a vein shouldn't hurt the bitty bc it's not a part of the baby's body

Emma14

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
If there's an air hole uyou can pull it up there to. Make sure you're extremely gentle though

Top Bottom