Opened egg too early

Whitstires33

Hatching
May 17, 2023
I cracked open an egg maybe a day or two too early. The chick is alive and peeping. I put it back in the incubator and added more water to the area that helps create humidity to get it as humid as I can in the incubator. Do you think the chick will be ok?!

I cracked open an egg maybe a day or two too early. The chick is alive and peeping. I put it back in the incubator and added more water to the area that helps create humidity to get it as humid as I can in the incubator. Do you think the chick will be ok?!
Doesn't sound good.
Why did you crack it open?

How did you open it? If the chick can still absorb the yolk, and the membrane doesn't get to dry, it can still hatch.
I'm totally stupid and chipped it open. I thought maybe it was stuck and it totally wasn't. It's still alive as of now in the incubator

I'm totally stupid and chipped it open. I thought maybe it was stuck and it totally wasn't. It's still alive as of now in the incubator
It's out of the shell. It seems fine but wondering if it will have any issue down the road. I feel like such an idiot

Back
Top Bottom