Operation Rehab...is there any hope for her?

She looks much better! Great job your doing! Love the picture...

Can Ling actually extend her legs up straight yet when she tries walking or do they stay rather bent? I am glad she is improving!
My duck that has crossed legs seems to be improving somewhat...she swims with much more ease now, but walking is still a huge challenge and her legs are bent and don't seem to totally straighten when she walks.

Ling can't straighten her legs, well the right one she can, but not the left. She manages but I'm not sure she will ever walk 100% but that's ok and really it's only been 2 weeks or so lol She has her own little condo next to, but away from, the other ducks as they tend to pick on her. She improves a little more each day :)

thumbsup.gif

I am going away for a week and will not be checking in on Ling
sad.png
So I can't wait to see how much better she is doing in that week. Something to look forward to.

Thanks, Miss L! Going to visit my family and see my great niece and nephew. Nephew is 2.5 yo and niece is 2 months old. I am soooo excited to see them again.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Catch you all later

Safe trip Veronica! And enjoy! I myself can't wait to go on vaca! Eeeeek 20 more days until SC lmao Anyways.....Ling is really starting to pick up speed a little
clap.gif
This journey has been so amazing, and in the last few weeks that I have had her I went from no hope, to a whole lotta hope lol She has proved me wrong, she has proved the stupid vet that told me to put her down wrong! She has taught me so much, and the best thing she taught me, is to never give up! She's a fighter! I will try and get pictures of her tomorrow! She's growing again, yes she basically stopped growing, she's no long scooting herself around and is actually walking, only taking a few short breaks. She is such an amazing creature and I am totally in love with her!!! lol

It's fantastic that Ling is walking!
celebrate.gif
I can't believe that jerk of a vet told you to put her down, when all she needed was patience and some TLC. You're such a good caretaker, and she's lucky to have you! You saved her!

Quote:
i thought you had to go to a special vet that takes care of birds ( don't remember the name) and even then it can be hard to find one that does water fowl. The vet probably didn't have any experience. But I could easily be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom