Opinion needed!

WildCHILD400

Songster
Jul 21, 2017
Hi there, I have a coop that is 7ft*3.5ft*4.74ft. It says it houses up to 8 chickens. How many max would u fit personal? I have 2 golden laced wyandotres and an Isa brown now. I'm thinking about adding 2 more. Would that be ok? What breeds should I add. I was thinking a buff Orpington and maybe an Americuana. I need nice docile breeds that come sexed with no feathered feet. Thanks

Hi there, I have a coop that is 7ft*3.5ft*4.74ft. It says it houses up to 8 chickens. How many max would u fit personal? I have 2 golden laced wyandotres and an Isa brown now. I'm thinking about adding 2 more. Would that be ok? What breeds should I add. I was thinking a buff Orpington and maybe an Americuana. I need nice docile breeds that come sexed with no feathered feet. Thanks
Which measurement is length, which is width and which is height? Each chicken should have a minimum of 4 square feet of coop and 10 square feet of run. Manufacturers of prefab coops lie about how many birds their coops should house.

Adding 2 more would mean 5 were in the coop they get let out 3-4 times a week sense I go to school during the day, and I am pretty good about the water supply and I fill their chick feeder once a week but every morning my 3 current chickies receive a plate full of table scraps and veggies.

Measurements are in feet. I originally only wanted four in the coop but one turned out to be a rooster and had to be re-homed so I was back down to 3 and if I get just one chick it will just scream all day.

Are these the measurements of the coop (actual "house" the chickens are meant to live in) or the coop and run (outside enclosure) as found in the prefab coops bring solid these days?

Adding 2 more would mean 5 were in the coop they get let out 3-4 times a week sense I go to school during the day, and I am pretty good about the water supply and I fill their chick feeder once a week but every morning my 3 current chickies receive a plate full of table scraps and veggies.
It won't stop aggression problems when they mature. Aggression isn't about feed, it's about all resources including space.

Back
Top Bottom