opinion pole please!!

omelette'smom

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I'm hoping that i can get this working properly to post pics of my kids--i would love to know the genders for REAL!! we named them on suspicion and perhaps are wrong!!
chick-pretty sure it's a hen
15556_100_1128.jpg

fluffy-pretty sure it's a hen
15556_100_1127.jpg

wednesday-crows--it's a boy!!
15556_100_1126.jpg

scrappy-thought girl-not sure-had 2 name changes already
15556_100_1124.jpg

big mama-really really really disappointed if it's a roo
15556_100_1125.jpg

mr roo-roo---he's definitely a boy!!
15556_100_1122.jpg

they were all given to me from the same hatching of eggs and are 5 1/2 months old!!
please set my mind at ease:th
thank you~~~~~~~~

Well, it's certainly possible that I am wrong. The only two I could be wrong about though are Chick and Scrappy because it's harder to see if there are saddle feathers. Big Mama is definitely a rooster though. You can tell because of the skinny saddle feathers and the shiny, sickle feathers in the tail.

th.gif
my heart is sinking but i did have a feeling!! they get along so well and when i introduced 3 mature hens they reacted really "intrigued" i guess you'd say!!
hu.gif

if i keep them-other than introducing more hens-how do i keep them from hurting each other?? my coop can hold maybe 12 and my smaller coop can hold maybe 4 comfortably. they're free range so how do i "tell" them to split up and you sleep here and you sleep there!! we're too attached to play favorites and oust a few!!:aww

I think that Fluffy is the only girl!

They all have long pointy saddle feathers and shiny! To me Chick looks like boy too..he/she has those big thick legs and his/her saddle feather (even though they are white) point down too! He looks like a sex link to me! Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the sex link roosters are white and the hens are brown/red??

Last edited:
hit.gif
my kids will be devestated!! only 2 crow so i was holding on!! my neighbors will not be happy if i have 5 big boys crowing all day!! the 2 that do are "funny" but 5 will be insanity!!

Back
Top Bottom