1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

opinion pole please!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by omelette'smom, Sep 18, 2008.

1. omelette'smom

omelette'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I'm hoping that i can get this working properly to post pics of my kids--i would love to know the genders for REAL!! we named them on suspicion and perhaps are wrong!!
    chick-pretty sure it's a hen
    [​IMG]
    fluffy-pretty sure it's a hen
    [​IMG]
    wednesday-crows--it's a boy!!
    [​IMG]
    scrappy-thought girl-not sure-had 2 name changes already
    [​IMG]
    big mama-really really really disappointed if it's a roo
    [​IMG]
    mr roo-roo---he's definitely a boy!!
    [​IMG]
    they were all given to me from the same hatching of eggs and are 5 1/2 months old!!
    please set my mind at ease:th
    thank you~~~~~~~~

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think Fluffy is your only hen.

3. omelette'smom

Sep 9, 2008
    New Hampshire
    oh no!! my husband is going to really be unhappy!!

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well, it's certainly possible that I am wrong. The only two I could be wrong about though are Chick and Scrappy because it's harder to see if there are saddle feathers. Big Mama is definitely a rooster though. You can tell because of the skinny saddle feathers and the shiny, sickle feathers in the tail.

5. omelette'smom

Sep 9, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] my heart is sinking but i did have a feeling!! they get along so well and when i introduced 3 mature hens they reacted really "intrigued" i guess you'd say!![​IMG]

6. omelette'smom

Sep 9, 2008
    New Hampshire
    if i keep them-other than introducing more hens-how do i keep them from hurting each other?? my coop can hold maybe 12 and my smaller coop can hold maybe 4 comfortably. they're free range so how do i "tell" them to split up and you sleep here and you sleep there!! we're too attached to play favorites and oust a few!!:aww

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Fluffy is your only hen. All of the rest are roosters.

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I think that Fluffy is the only girl!

They all have long pointy saddle feathers and shiny! To me Chick looks like boy too..he/she has those big thick legs and his/her saddle feather (even though they are white) point down too! He looks like a sex link to me! Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the sex link roosters are white and the hens are brown/red??

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  9. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    Quote:i agree

10. omelette'smom

Sep 9, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] my kids will be devestated!! only 2 crow so i was holding on!! my neighbors will not be happy if i have 5 big boys crowing all day!! the 2 that do are "funny" but 5 will be insanity!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by