Opinions on tbe Farm Innovators 4200 please

I'm expecting my FI 4200 next week. After doing some research most people like the bator, but hate the thermometer/hygrometer. I'm going to buy my own and calibrate them so I know they read true. I'm going to crank it up as soon as I get it and practice with it empty. Get used to stabilizing the temps and humidity. Them I'm going out to the hen house and grab a few eggs and hatch out some mutts. My goal is to start a dozen Bourbon Red Turkey eggs mid to late April. Keep me posted on your hatches.

Thats exactly what I did. Ran it for a few days ....and like someone else had posted, I found the thermostat to be VERY sensitive. you only need to turn it enough that you can barely even tell its moved......then wait before you touch it again.

I have a 4200 model. I have not used it. Just took it out of the box today. The instructions stink! I called the company and they answered the few questions I had. I asked if they had a website with more information...they don't. So, there is no instruction for the water to be added for humidity. Can someone advise me? I didn't notice prior to my call to the company. Did you know they told me to disinfect the unit and the eggs with bleach and water?

Yep instructions suck! Don't trust the thermometer/ hygrometer! Run it for a few days first. The control knob is VERY sensitive! You barely have to touch it. I am dry incubating. I added about a tsp of water the first day and haven't added any since. I candled the other day and only 1 quitter and 5 ?s out of a full inky! Happy so far with mine. :)

I have this incubator too. I plugged it in for the first time on Saturday and it is holding temp like a charm so far. I am using another thermometer. I'm anxious to see how this hatch goes.

Okay, I just hooked up the FI model 4200 for the first time (no fan use at this time). No eggs, trial run. So....how do you add water without taking apart the auto egg turner? I would think you wouldn't want to expose them to the cool air daily to check the water level. I want to get an additional temp/humidity unit. Is there anything special I should look for? What should I expect to pay? Thanks a bunch my friends of a feather.

What is dry incubating? I filled the water areas. Mine is showing 80% humidity, but it is only up to 82 degrees so far. Won't the humidity come down as it heats up? Should I take some water out? Fun, fun, fun.

I would run the fan during your trial run. The incubator is styrofoam so unless you remove the red plugs not much humidity will escape..plus the eggs will add humidity too. If you must add water you can use a syringe to get between the rails. I added 1 tsp of water during my trial and have not and will not add water again. I know people that incubate this way and swear by it with huge success. They run their incy dry except for the water the eggs loose. I haven't added water once and won't. Less stress. You can Google the method. I will let you know how it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom