Opinions on tbe Farm Innovators 4200 please

Using the wiggler I can see how the egg internal temps and air temps differ. Yesterday I came home from work. It was a hot day so the incubator got a little hot. I have hi/lo readings on both thermometers. The incubator air temp started at 99 and went up to 101.9. Not for long. maybe 45 min. to an hour. The hi/lo on the internal temps measured through the wiggler was 99.5 low and 100.8 high. So my internal egg temp. fluctuation is 1.3 degrees in 3 days while the incubator temp fluctuated almost 3 degrees. I believe 95.5 and 100.8 are acceptable temps to hatch eggs. I'll keep posting updates. I'll candle the turkey eggs when I place some chicken eggs I'm putting in the incubator this weekend.

edit* my Silver Duckwing OEGB laid an egg yesterday. Looks like I'll have some Old English to add to the mix.

Last edited:
Oh the anticipation IS KILLING ME!!!!!. Its getting bad. I bought ANOTHER incubator to use as a hatcher. I cant wait to fill the Incy again...but Im stager hatching and wont be able to fill it for 6 more days!!!
barnie.gif

Oh the anticipation IS KILLING ME!!!!!. Its getting bad. I bought ANOTHER incubator to use as a hatcher. I cant wait to fill the Incy again...but Im stager hatching and wont be able to fill it for 6 more days!!!
barnie.gif
I started with 6 turkey eggs(28 day incubation period). Last night (7days later) I added some of my Australorp/Buff Orp mixes 7, and 5 of my neighbors pure breed Araucanas, and 3 Old English Game Bantam eggs from my Silver Duckwigs.So...21 eggs total all due in 3 weeks.
For the past 4 days the incubator has been working beautifully. Now that Ive added eggs its a little squirrely but within tolerances. It should level out by the end of the weekend when all the eggs are warmed up. At this moment its running a little cool. 98.7 to 99.7. I'm resisting the urge to touch that control knob. I'll wait for any fine tuning until Sunday evening.
I'm not as excited as Sassy yet, but I can feel a little of the excitement coming on. I'm constantly second guessing my temperatures and the accuracy of thermometers, so I'm feeling a little anxiety there.

Back
Top Bottom