Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Pics
CAT, singular, not plural, adopted me. ONE cat per family here. Now, I am waiting on my dog to show up.
tongue.png

Angela, it works! It works! I felt inside after a few hours of the blanket being on and the top of the house inside feels just warm to the touch so it ought to keep that house from being frigid cold during the night--and tonight is the first big test of it, going down to about 20* and windy. I think Finn was toasty last night because by 6 a.m. when Tom went out to check to see why the bantams were raising Cain, Finn was already out and about, not his usual M.O. Most of the time, he's curled up tight and when he hears someone open the door, he's right there to come in and warm up and get his breakfast. So, he must have been warmer than usual, yea! One of us is going to the P.O. in Mineral Bluff to send your little thank you gift and hopefully, you'll have it by Saturday, coming First Class padded envelope so will fit in your mailbox.

I know this is an old post but I pray orange cat was neutered. In the cat loving world if a cat shows up and it isn't neutered..it doesn't HAVE an owner(rather-it doesn't have a caring owner) and they get taken care of. Cat haters(that are compassionate) in my world also understand the need for spays/neuters. I personally dislike dogs but can't ignore them if they're spotted roaming. Rule for "animal lovers"-if its unaltered its unloved". Period. I couldn't read the replys(rushing out the door) so forgive me if you did get him neutered(and again-in my animal rescue world we understand the need for s/n of all dogs and cats-wether you like em or not.Hope he's well.

I know this is an old post but I pray orange cat was neutered. In the cat loving world if a cat shows up and it isn't neutered..it doesn't HAVE an owner(rather-it doesn't have a caring owner) and they get taken care of. Cat haters(that are compassionate) in my world also understand the need for spays/neuters. I personally dislike dogs but can't ignore them if they're spotted roaming. Rule for "animal lovers"-if its unaltered its unloved". Period. I couldn't read the replys(rushing out the door) so forgive me if you did get him neutered(and again-in my animal rescue world we understand the need for s/n of all dogs and cats-wether you like em or not.Hope he's well.

Yes, he was neutered but due to the generosity of the local humane society. We did not plan on getting a cat or dog and were not prepared for the cost of vet care at the time. There will be no little Finns running around, even if he did manage to procreate before he got to us. And before you ask, he also got his rabies and Feline4 vaccinations as well, plus pest meds. I do wish you'd taken time to read the thread because I said those things numerous times.

I've heard of people who just grab strays and take them to be neutered. I will not do that. We cannot afford to do that and I don't feel guilty for not doing it, either, though I think some would like to make us feel that way-my apologies to you if you're not one of those. I wish I could help every abused and neglected dog and cat in the world but it's just not feasible. I rather wish I could neuter the humans who neglect/hurt them so they can't pass on their irresponsibility to a new generation. And, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say 'bout that".

Last edited:
I think there should be a tax break for adopting strays and a tax break for neutering/spaying pets. There would be a lot more adoptions and fewer unaltered animals.

I think there should be a tax break for adopting strays and a tax break for neutering/spaying pets. There would be a lot more adoptions and fewer unaltered animals.

Could be a good idea. It just shouldn't be conditioned on being able to itemize your deductions, which we can't because we, like many other folks living on military pension, do not have enough expenses to be able to itemize.

Yes, he was neutered but due to the generosity of the local humane society. We did not plan on getting a cat or dog and were not prepared for the cost of vet care at the time. There will be no little Finns running around, even if he did manage to procreate before he got to us. And before you ask, he also got his rabies and Feline4 vaccinations as well, plus pest meds. I do wish you'd taken time to read the thread because I said those things numerous times.

I've heard of people who just grab strays and take them to be neutered. I will not do that. We cannot afford to do that and I don't feel guilty for not doing it, either, though I think some would like to make us feel that way-my apologies to you if you're not one of those. I wish I could help every abused and neglected dog and cat in the world but it's just not feasible. I rather wish I could neuter the humans who neglect/hurt them so they can't pass on their irresponsibility to a new generation. And, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say 'bout that".

Ditto!

Angela, it works! It works! I felt inside after a few hours of the blanket being on and the top of the house inside feels just warm to the touch so it ought to keep that house from being frigid cold during the night--and tonight is the first big test of it, going down to about 20* and windy. I think Finn was toasty last night because by 6 a.m. when Tom went out to check to see why the bantams were raising Cain, Finn was already out and about, not his usual M.O. Most of the time, he's curled up tight and when he hears someone open the door, he's right there to come in and warm up and get his breakfast. So, he must have been warmer than usual, yea! One of us is going to the P.O. in Mineral Bluff to send your little thank you gift and hopefully, you'll have it by Saturday, coming First Class padded envelope so will fit in your mailbox.

Sorry, I am just now catching up what is going on your way. Woo Hoo! I am so glad that the blanket accomplished its mission. How was Finn on the night it went down to 20 degrees?

A little while a go my husband asked me what was in the package I got yesterday and I said, "What package?" He had mistakenly laid it on his desk and I had no idea your gift had arrived. Thank you soooooo much for the cutie pie coasters. I love them!! What do you call that design since they are sort of woven together for lack of a better way to describe them. You can tell I am not a quilter. :)

Back
Top Bottom