Familyfarm898

Chirping
Jun 15, 2019
Hi. This is random but I’m trying to figure out what’s going on with Orchard Hill Poultry. I have an order that’s around $500 outstanding from last year. Brandy wanted to hold off on shipping due to covid shipping delays. I tried reaching out to see when I can expect to see these 25 long-awaited chicks and Orchard Hill Poultry has vanished. Their website is gone, my email came back to me, they’re not answering the phone, I actually sent her a PM on FB. I’ve had zero response. At this point I just want to know if I should order chicks from someone else and kiss my $500 goodbye, which I’m assuming is the case. I’m so upset. Anyone know if they just packed up and quit?

It looks like the facebook page has been removed too.
I guess it's a pretty expensive lesson.. 😢 If a place can't send the chicks or eggs within a short amount of time I ask for my money back. If they don't you could file a claim with you credit card or Paypal. If too much time has elapsed I don't know if they would help you or not.
How did you pay? And when?

It looks like the facebook page has been removed too.
I guess it's a pretty expensive lesson.. 😢 If a place can't send the chicks or eggs within a short amount of time I ask for my money back. If they don't you could file a claim with you credit card or Paypal. If too much time has elapsed I don't know if they would help you or not.
How did you pay? And when?
I paid last spring. They were supposed to ship soon after. I had heard about people receiving dead chicks because USPS was so backed up. That’s why I agreed to defer. I’ve received dead chicks before. I didn’t want to repeat it. Lesson learned. 😩

Everything was PayPal invoices.
Yes, we got our money back from Paypal after someone sold a horse out from under us, after we payed $1000 to hold him.
They also gave us our money back when we put a deposit down on a puppy, and the website false advertised the parent dogs clearances.
We got our money back both times. I would definitely file a complaint.

Unfortunately it’s been more than 180 days. So I don’t think PayPal will help me. But I looked at my bank account it it was actually more than $500.
2019 I ordered about $250 worth of chicks and all but one were dead upon arrival. She was very concerned, blamed USPS because they had gotten lost and took a few extra days to get here and promised to resend them spring in 2020. Then I added more chicks to be sent with the replacement chicks, that was another $411.
I’m so upset. Who vanishes like that without even an explanation. When I looked her up on FB and sent her a message I was concerned that something had happened (covid and all) but she’s totally fine, going to the gym and having a great time. As soon as I sent her a PM on FB, she changed her page and nothing was visible.
I’m just so upset. I will no longer trust a smaller poultry farmer.

Back
Top Bottom