Order placed babies due 4/20!!

I was going to wait too, but my neighbor went in on the order so it's a total of 15 chicks and they'll throw in a heat pack if the weather is crap, hoping it's not :fl And ya a surprise breed does seem exciting, I love a variety of breeds and egg colors
I can't wait to see what you get! And I am in Florida, too. But we have had nearly no winter until this week, and typically that means we will get a late March early April freeze. I ordered 25 chicks with my best friend, too.

I love my speckled sussex the friendliest birds I have and even their kids are just as friendly
That is great, I want friendly girls, too because all grands love spending time with them, too. And egg collecting is fun, they try to figure out whose eggs they got. What others do you have besides speckled Sussex?

That is great, I want friendly girls, too because all grands love spending time with them, too. And egg collecting is fun, they try to figure out whose eggs the got. What others do yo have besides speckled Sussex?
I have mostly wyandottes with a few other random hens like copper maran a sexlink two easter eggers and a pair of olive eggers

I can't wait to see what you get! And I am in Florida, too. But we have had nearly no winter until this week, and typically that means we will get a late March early April freeze. I ordered 25 chicks with my best friend, too.
I'm in Texas and in the same boat, no cold until this week and I already wish it would go away, lol...They "say" we are going to have a mild winter, but after that business this last February I'm not picking up what they're putting down :lau We'll just have to keep each other posted when we get our littles :D I plan on brooding mine in the coop in a seperated area for easy integration if I can get mt husband off of the "their gonna be tiny babies, you can't put them out there" kick, smdh

I'm in Texas and in the same boat, no cold until this week and I already wish it would go away, lol...They "say" we are going to have a mild winter, but after that business this last February I'm not picking up what they're putting down :lau We'll just have to keep each other posted when we get our littles :D I plan on brooding mine in the coop in a seperated area for easy integration if I can get mt husband off of the "their gonna be tiny babies, you can't put them out there" kick, smdh
Yeah, I am from San Antonio, my family had a brutal winter last year too. In the past I have used my 80 dogs kennel in the coop, but it is not big enough for the number I ordered so I am going to have to come up with a new plan.

Yeah, I am from San Antonio, my family had a brutal winter last year too. In the past I have used my 80 dogs kennel in the coop, but it is not big enough for the number I ordered so I am going to have to come up with a new plan.
I plan on sectioning off the area under my poop boards, I'm going to frame it and put-up hardware cloth with little pop doors for the littles to run in and out. What's the inside of your coop look like? I bet we could help you come up with something ;)

I plan on sectioning off the area under my poop boards, I'm going to frame it and put-up hardware cloth with little pop doors for the littles to run in and out. What's the inside of your coop look like? I bet we could help you come up with something ;)
In the past I put the kennel under the hen house for babies. The unpainted wall comes down when it gets warm so the hen house opens into the open air coop, and I hang a cheep (haha) vinyl table cloth over the part closest to the nesting boxes.

Attachments

• 20211106_165739.jpg
    20211106_165739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20211106_165739.jpg
    20211106_165739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20211228_163933.jpg
    20211228_163933.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20210516_191559.jpg
    20210516_191559.jpg