Order placed babies due 4/20!!

Oh wow it's really pretty. Never heard of that breed before.
Me, either, but love the colors! Petite, like the Leghorns. And supposed to be nearly equally good layers. I only got one, because I am concerned it is listed as 'flighty'. If she makes a habit out of getting into my garden she will become chicken soup pretty quick.

I think it is going to be best to build something in or attached to the run. The size is biggest question. Tall enough to fit our starter home. So 4 feet wide and 8 long?

Attachments

• 20210710_191404.jpg
    20210710_191404.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210417_173711.jpg
    20210417_173711.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 2
I think it is going to be best to build something in or attached to the run. The size is biggest question. Tall enough to fit our starter home. So 4 feet wide and 8 long?
I think that would work great! I don't know about how much room littles need at different stages, but they should be fully integrated before they get to cramped.

OK,

Recommendations vary from 1/2 square foot to 1 square foot per chick for the first 4 (or 6), weeks.

Then 1-2 square feet per chick for the next 4 (or 6), weeks.

Then about 2 square feet up to about 12 weeks.

Then, as they approach POL, the full 4 square feet like an adult.

Big is good -- as long as the chicks can find their food, their water, and their warm place. I divided my 4x8 brooder in half for the first week or two and found that the moment I let them into the full space they used it all.

Back
Top Bottom