Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

My wife and I ordered 16! These will be our first chickens.
We got Barred Rocks, Amerecaunas (Easter Eggers?), Anconas, and one random Chick. A friend told us the Barred Rocks may not be friendly though...

Our friend has Brahma's which are SUPER sweet and docile.
My favorite chicken ever is a Barred Rock. She lives at the family farm, but i raised her as a chick. She is soooo friendly, will still run over to be picked up when I am there! 😊

I'm excited as well! There was a mix up on last years order so I was going to place one this year to get the birds I didn't get last year.

The order is as follows:
5 Gold Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhaubens
5 Chamois Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhaubens
5 Silver laced English Orpingtons
5 Golden Duckwing Phoenix
5 Silver Duckwing Phoenix
5 Lavender Ameraucanas
5 Black Ameraucanas

It was my hubbys turn to choose chicks. 🥴
He got easter eggers, saphire eggers & olive eggers. He is all about getting those colorful eggs this year!
Great choices! My Olive Egger was my first to lay and she has laid every day straight since she started like 3 wks ago. I have all of those that you picked. They are all awesome!

I have like 13 picked out from My Pet Chick. I can not get that many because I already have 17, but i had to rehome my 2 Silkie Roos and my 2 turkeys (zoning stuff) so I talked hubby into letting me get 4 :)
I think i decided on a bantam frizzle, a Silkie splash, Salmon Faverolles, and a Porceline D'Uccle bantam. Hubby laughs at me because I have this mixed flock of all of the unsual looking chickens. I like the diversity. I have my great layers and my unique group :)

I find ordering new chicks so much fun. I have a small backyard (front yard) flock and just ordered 4 new chicks for the spring. I am excited to learn what you ordered/plan to order or are excited for the 2023 year. I ordered a salmon faverolle, a bielefeder, a buff orpington and a lakeside egger. What did you get or are planning to get?
Today we got a buff Orpington, black Australorp and a barred rock!

I want the French type Cuckoo Marans, but I haven't found a place to get them at a reasonable price (Cackle is too pricey and their small order fees are too high for my liking).

I want a couple more California Whites and something that will lay blue eggs FOR SURE but isn't red.

I'm going to hatch a lot more Blue Australorps.
Just curious. What is price for for the French Cuckoo Marans?

I have plans to pick up some fertilised eggs in spring. In april. When I have a broody.

I have a small bucket list with bantam breeds I want. And I’m lucky to find 2 breeders on the Dutch site Marktplaats who are willing to sell after they laid in enough eggs for their own use. Both live within 10 miles distance. 😁
1. Bantam Vorwerk - first choice
2. A Dutch variety (koekoek colouring) -second choice.

Here nobody’s buying chicks who get send by mail. I think its forbidden to do so.

Back
Top Bottom