Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

I ordered eggs from Meyers
45a.PNG

44a.PNG

A friend told us the Barred Rocks may not be friendly though...
SUPER sweet and docile.
Your friend is wrong barred rocks are the friendliest they are so sweet I love them mine I've had two two generations of a flock of barred rocks and they are the only ones that will actually eat out of my hand he will jump in my lap and they love me

$5.60 per chick for sexed pullets at the quantity I'd be ordering.

The killer is the shipping -- $25 plus a per chick charge plus a $20 small order fee for less than 15 chicks.
So if you buy 15 it’s 109 dollars. Correct?
If you put an add for 10 on craigslist for $11 , and you manage to sell them you get 5 chicks for free.
🐥 🐥 🐥 🐥 🐥

So if you buy 15 it’s 109 dollars. Correct?
If you put an add for 10 on craigslist for $11 , and you manage to sell them you get 5 chicks for free.
🐥 🐥 🐥 🐥 🐥

I can *usually* sell females for between $15-20 -- but I have to raise them to POL. This year might be different with the US egg shortage, but I haven't had luck selling chicks, just POL pullets.

I can *usually* sell females for between $15-20 -- but I have to raise them to POL. This year might be different with the US egg shortage, but I haven't had luck selling chicks, just POL pullets.
Overhere, some breeders sell 6 week old chicks with a guarantee they are pullets.
The advantage is that chicks of that age don’t need heat from 6 weeks in summer if sold in a small group. So can go in an outside coop/run.

Overhere, some breeders sell 6 week old chicks with a guarantee they are pullets.
The advantage is that chicks of that age don’t need heat from 6 weeks in summer if sold in a small group. So can go in an outside coop/run.

*Nods*

I've had no luck so far advertising either new-hatched or 6-week chicks. Though, as I said, it might be different this spring with the current egg shortage.

Back
Top Bottom